Amanda Berry, etc.

Two things are really annoying me with the whole thing.

One: why in the hell is there a bail for the guy? I know no one is going to post it because they'd be slaughtered, but still.

Two: the media keeps posting mugshots of the guy's brothers over and over even though it's been stated there's no evidence against them (and surely the three women would have mentioned if they were involved). I hope no relative of mine ever does anything crappy because then I'll have to be famous too.

I hate how the media, and by that I mean nearly everywhere I read a headline, is nearly celebrating the sexual deviance in this case. This is a big story, much like the Jodi Arias trial, because of the salacious sexual side of it.

I'm of the belief that such reporting breeds copycat crimes, especially when the press revels in it, as they clearly are in this case.

I hate how the media, and by that I mean nearly everywhere I read a headline, is nearly celebrating the sexual deviance in this case. This is a big story, much like the Jodi Arias trial, because of the salacious sexual side of it.

I'm of the belief that such reporting breeds copycat crimes, especially when the press revels in it, as they clearly are in this case.

Completely agree.

Cases like the Jodi Arias case on TV just send me through the roof and it pisses me off every time I turn on the TV and they are going on and on and on about ever little detail. People who sit there all day actually watching these trials need to get a life.

I'd be willing to bet that copycat crimes would drop if the media would stop releasing the names and mugshots of the criminals. It would also probably help if they would quit sensationalizing the stories (yes I'm looking at you Nancy Grace) to attract viewers.

News is news, it's not supposed to be exciting or emotional--it's supposed to be news. Don't tell me how I should feel.

The worst part about it is how the media went out and dug through Charles Ramsey's entire not-so-great history after he did something so heroic. There was no reason for this whatsoever. Charles Ramsey was a hero and a funny interview, but the story has nothing to do with his past. How about you spend your time digging through the past history of Ariel Castro, the guy who is responsible for all this?

The lesson: Don't ever do anything to help people or the media will dig through every shred of your life and report anything they find to the public.

The worst part about it is how the media went out and dug through Charles Ramsey's entire not-so-great history after he did something so heroic. There was no reason for this whatsoever. Charles Ramsey was a hero and a funny interview, but the story has nothing to do with his past. How about you spend your time digging through the past history of Ariel Castro, the guy who is responsible for all this?

The lesson: Don't ever do anything to help people or the media will dig through every shred of your life and report anything they find to the public.

Symptom of the 24 hour news cycle. They gotta come up with something to sensationalize because the cameras are going to roll in 3...2.....1.....action.