Redskins will "never" change name

And thats what I guess cracks me up...

This issue has become a topic for white people to crack on other white people about, when most "natives" could care less about this name, because they're living well below the poverty line.

This is the most spot on post. Most Natives are living in such sh**ty conditions they could care less about this damn name.

You really want to respect Native Americans? Stop giving a sh#t about some stupid NFL team and go directly to the reservations in Nebraska and South Dakota (or anywhere else) and support them with education and infrastructure.

Daily show like every other news show has missed the true reasoning why there is anger.

And thats what I guess cracks me up...

This issue has become a topic for white people to crack on other white people about, when most "natives" could care less about this name, because they're living well below the poverty line.

This is the most spot on post. Most Natives are living in such sh**ty conditions they could care less about this damn name.

You really want to respect Native Americans? Stop giving a sh#t about some stupid NFL team and go directly to the reservations in Nebraska and South Dakota (or anywhere else) and support them with education and infrastructure.

Daily show like every other news show has missed the true reasoning why there is anger.

This is likely very true. And I agree with what you are saying for the most part... but that doesn't make the Redskins name acceptable.

Are there much bigger things for Native Americans to worry about than a football team name? Absolutely.

Does that mean the name should be acceptable because there are "bigger things to worry about?" Absolutely not.

Are the Redskins, and anyone defending them, a bunch of senseless douchebags? Absolutely.

The whole idea that just because there are bigger problems doesn't mean the smaller problems shouldn't be dealt with is about as retarded as it gets.

Edit - Also, it's "couldn't care less." ffs

• Fire 1

Are there much bigger things for Native Americans to worry about than a football team name? Absolutely.

Does that mean the name should be acceptable because there are "bigger things to worry about?" Absolutely not.

Are the Redskins, and anyone defending them, a bunch of senseless douchebags? Absolutely.

The whole idea that just because there are bigger problems doesn't mean the smaller problems shouldn't be dealt with is about as retarded as it gets.

Edit - Also, it's "couldn't care less." ffs

Maybe they should change their name to the Washington Retards since apparently "Redskins" is offensive but "retarded" is not.

• Fire 3

I think what pisses me off the most about this is the arrogance Snyder has in defending the use of the name.

Also, remember that Colin Kaepernick was flagged for "inappropriate" language on the field, yet Snyder can make money off of a racial slur.

Snyder is a dumbass, no doubt...

If I could get an hour with him, I could clue him in on how to unf*ck this entire mess, and maybe even come out looking like a decent human being...

"Retard" is most definitely offensive to some. And nope, I don't give a sh#t and still use it. I'm also not an NFL franchise with the word plastered all over TV, clothing, and just about every other object imaginable. However, Washington Retards would probably be a closer representation of the group of people in that organization, I'll give you that.

Also, why isn't anyone complaining about the "Chiefs"?? Is that not offensive enough??

I think it comes down to the fact that the owner isn't a complete and total f'ing moron...

I don't think Chiefs is as inherently offensive as Redskins. That should be fairly obvious.