The Complete History of Tyranny in America 1815-Today

The indoctrination of Americans as a source of revenue without adequate representation

I think I understand what you are saying here and I think I agree with it. But, could you clarify?

I don't think for a moment that it's an accident that Americans have, on average, something like an 8th-grade level of education. It makes us more docile, less able to think critically, more amenable to advertising and less likely to question authority. A stupid population is far easier to control than an educated population. This is not lost on Those In Power, whether that be our government or the corporations that want the money from our wallets. And often those two entities work hand-in-hand to remove said money. The actions of government and corporate entities to keep the population under control through underfunded education are, in my opinion, a form of tyranny.

Build a society of consumers who are morons, don't allow them to take care of themselves, and force reliance on the government and big business.

Sounds about right.

A combination of both your comments was what I was thinking.

or:

Build a society of consumers who are morons, feed them misinformation that conforms with their political paranoias, and an increase fear and distrust of the Government.

Sounds about right.

"The politics of the political right have become the politics of paranoia.

According to too many of them, the country is collapsing, and the government is not to be trusted. The circle of safety is contracting. You must arm yourselves to defend your own."

or:

Build a society of consumers who are morons, feed them misinformation that conforms with their political paranoias, and an increase fear and distrust of the Government.

Sounds about right.

According to too many of them, the country is collapsing, and the government is not to be trusted. The circle of safety is contracting. You must arm yourselves to defend your own."

I don't associate with any political party. Power leads to corruption. This is an undeniable fact that's been documented over and over during human history. Anyone who disagrees is a fool.

or:

Sounds about right.

I don't associate with any political party. Power leads to corruption. This is an undeniable fact that's been documented over and over during human history. Anyone who disagrees is a fool.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but our Government isn't one where anyone has absolute power.

Power CAN lead to corruption but power does not = corruption. It is simply not true to say that power always leads to corruption.

Such a statement fails to understand that power can be small like the power of a parent has over a child or even between 2 spouses. Often times, power is not abused. Sometimes is it.

or:

Sounds about right.

Similar to what the liberals did while Republicans were in office. It's laughable that liberals think that it only happens from the opposite side.

Anyone heard of a guy by the name of Michael Moore?.....anyone? Heck, liberals were handing out awards to that idiot.

or:

Sounds about right.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but our Government isn't one where anyone has absolute power.

Power CAN lead to corruption but power does not = corruption. It is simply not true to say that power always leads to corruption.

Such a statement fails to understand that power can be small like the power of a parent has over a child or even between 2 spouses. Often times, power is not abused. Sometimes is it.

You're arguing semantics. Our government is corrupt, and will only get worse. Democrat, Republican, whatever. They're two sides of the same coin. The larger the government becomes, the greater the chance (and inevitability) of corruption.

Corruption, or the oportunity for it isn't the unique provence of big government.

If, as you say, government is corrupt, than the change of corruption (which is at 100%) doesn't increase with size.

More state and local control means more state and local corruption. More federal control means more federal corruption.

How do you know that government corruption "will only get worse"?

Corruption, or the oportunity for it isn't the unique provence of big government.

If, as you say, government is corrupt, than the change of corruption (which is at 100%) doesn't increase with size.

More state and local control means more state and local corruption. More federal control means more federal corruption.

Here is the difference: When power is concentrated in one central (federal) govt - the opportunity is greater for corruption and much greater corruption as it has the potential to affect a whole nation. The genius of federalism and having the power shared with the states is that the concentration of power now moves from 1 location to 51 (including DC). While it is true that the opportunity for corruption can occur in a number of states, the impact is not nearly as great - only affecting those states. I think one of the failures of the past 100 years of politics is our inability as a country to maintain a truely federal system of govt- the sharing of power. The federal govt has used the power of the purse to cause states to 'submit' to its will - thus upsurping the 10th amendment power of states. The opportunity for 'absolute corruption' has increased as power has become more central.

• Fire 1

Corruption, or the oportunity for it isn't the unique provence of big government. Not what I said. I said power leads to corruption.

If, as you say, government is corrupt, than the change of corruption (which is at 100%) doesn't increase with size. Fine, "full of corruption" good lord your arguing of semantics stupid. Maybe you should read that handbook...

More state and local control means more state and local corruption. More federal control means more federal corruption. Duh?

How do you know that government corruption "will only get worse"? Try a bible maybe?

If you are as religious as you claim, then i don't know why you're even asking the question.

Here is the difference: When power is concentrated in one central (federal) govt - the opportunity is greater for corruption and much greater corruption as it has the potential to affect a whole nation. The genius of federalism and having the power shared with the states is that the concentration of power now moves from 1 location to 51 (including DC). While it is true that the opportunity for corruption can occur in a number of states, the impact is not nearly as great - only affecting those states. I think one of the failures of the past 100 years of politics is our inability as a country to maintain a truely federal system of govt- the sharing of power. The federal govt has used the power of the purse to cause states to 'submit' to its will - thus upsurping the 10th amendment power of states. The opportunity for 'absolute corruption' has increased as power has become more central.

Ding.

That's not a change that happened in the past 100 years . . . it has always been in the Constitution.

Some people disagreed about 150 years ago. That didn't go well.

or:

Sounds about right.

Similar to what the liberals did while Republicans were in office. It's laughable that liberals think that it only happens from the opposite side.

Anyone heard of a guy by the name of Michael Moore?.....anyone? Heck, liberals were handing out awards to that idiot.

Interesting. Michael Moore told Americans the the government is going to take their guns?

Michael Moore is a movie producer. You don't have to like his work. I know I don't. He is hardly a spokes person for any party.

Google Bush Tyranny & Obama Tyranny is you think the use of the term Tyranny is consistant across different presidencies.

That's not a change that happened in the past 100 years . . . it has always been in the Constitution.

Huh? The federal government has exploded in the last 100 years (mostly post WW1) and has had a much greater influence (both good and bad) on the daily lives of citizens. I don't think it's crazy to suggest this isn't what the founders envisioned.

Huh? The federal government has exploded in the last 100 years (mostly post WW1) and has had a much greater influence (both good and bad) on the daily lives of citizens. I don't think it's crazy to suggest this isn't what the founders envisioned.

Especially the military industrial complex.

If you are as religious as you claim, then i don't know why you're even asking the question.

If we understand the principle of 'evil' - man's ability to do wrong, hurt others, for one's own selfish gain, we should understand that evil consentrated (power itself isn't evil - the abuse of power is - power or authority under accountability is how 'things get done') will have the greatest impact - cause the greatest harm. This doesn't mean that centralized power will automatically be abusive - it won't if it remains accountable - however, once accountability is lost (states rights diminished) then the opportunity for greater abuse is realized. The history of mankind reveals this very fact. Despots gain control of a govt, grab control and before long people are suffering, killed and individual rights are trambled on.