The Complete History of Tyranny in America 1815-Today

What key events, policies and actions would you include in a complete collection of Tyranny in America?

(I used 1815 as the starting point because I wanted to get past the obvious biggies like pre-revolutionary war and the others that might be less obvious that followed through the war of 1812 that I assuming was mopped up by 1815.)

Japanese internment during WWII.

Bush's illegal wiretapping and rendition of terrorism suspects.

Guantanamo Bay prison.

Ok. These sound good too, at least from the prospective of some people. (Not going to debate of Gitmo falls under the 'In America', that's not exactly urgent to define right now.)

What key events, policies and actions would you include in a complete collection of Tyranny in America?

What would you include?

Right back at ya.

He asked you first. The huskboard manlaw agreement requires that you oblige his request.

As I immediately did with the first 3 minutes.

Actually, it was 4 minutes.

(I used 1815 as the starting point because I wanted to get past the obvious biggies like pre-revolutionary war and the others that might be less obvious that followed through the war of 1812 that I assuming was mopped up by 1815.)

'[/color] post='1159837']

Slavery.

Perhaps the treatment of Native Americans.

Those are the biggies that jump off the page.

• Fire 3

Actually, it was 4 minutes.

I am so sorry you are having trouble today.

You wrote: The huskboard manlaw agreement requires that you oblige his request.

I did, in just 3 minutes, in post number #3.

His requests: 9:46.

My obliging: 9:49.

I'd like to see your tyranny list s'45.

What would you include?

Slavery.

Perhaps the treatment of Native Americans.

Those are the biggies that jump off the page.

Found an interesting article on this subject, linked below.

This is my extremely limited list, that was just at the tip of my brain;

Obamacare

Prohibition

Social Security

certain aspects of the Patriot Act

My favorite line from the linked article; "Taken seriously, the Constitution would pose a serious threat to our form of government."

http://www.sobran.com/articles/tyranny.shtml

• Fire 1

Thanks JJ. Good additions to the list.

Well suminabeach, we were bound to agree on something, sometime, although I was beginning to doubt it. It's a rather long article but worth reading. Some may feel it has a slight conservative bent to it but I think that is to be expected when discussing the US Constitution and how the enumerated powers thing has morphed into the opposite of what was really intended.