Broken $4.00 per gallon in Oklahoma

So, I guess I should feel good that it was "only" $3.69 this morning when I filled up here in northern Colorado. I won't miss out on all the fun though since I'm taking the 14 MPG family truckster to Oklahoma City the weekend after Memorial Day. Ouch, that'll be an expensive softball tournament.

.......but diesel was always considerable more than gas.........

I don't get it. I thought diesel fuel was easy to refine vs. gas thus lower cost. Probably wrong but I think diesel was cheaper than gas 20 years ago.

Inputs have absolutely nothing to do with the price of fuel.

Supposedly, it has to do with shutting down and cleaning the refineries. Also the change over from winter gas to summer gas.

what better time to do this than right before busiest driving-travel season.

earlier this spring i swear i heard that gas was supposed to be lower than usual this summer. oil prices are such a racket.

Supposedly, it has to do with shutting down and cleaning the refineries. Also the change over from winter gas to summer gas.

what better time to do this than right before busiest driving-travel season.

earlier this spring i swear i heard that gas was supposed to be lower than usual this summer. oil prices are such a racket.

Best time of all, highest demand, so lower supply and roll around in the profits. Regardless of any reason oil companies give, the reason gas is the cost it is now is about their profits/stock prices, and the fact that they got people used to paying for it.