Broken $4.00 per gallon in Oklahoma

A month ago, the pump price was $3 threshold, 33% increase within 30 days. Okay, what's the story with new make believe reasons? I believe no hurricanes, no oil spills, no new wars, etc.

Trivia: I remember the lowest price was .19/gal in mid 60's (Sioux Falls)...... let me think now...... $4 divided by .19 equals 21. Compared: My dad purchased a brand new Magnavox 23" colored TV, again, mid 60's. I remember the price was $500, on sale!

I don't care what the excuse is, but it's ridiculous! I just spent $40.00 to fill up my truck and it was between 3/4 and 1/2 a tank full! It's a 2011 Silverado so while it's a big truck I think that's ridiculous and I won't pay that for long. I just bought a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R for gas mileage reasons and commuting. I bought it last Wednesday right before the gas went up so great purchase for me. It's gets between 60 and 70 mpg. :thumbs

Trivia: I remember the lowest price was .19/gal in mid 60's (Sioux Falls)...... let me think now...... $4 divided by .19 equals 21. Compared: My dad purchased a brand new Magnavox 23" colored TV, again, mid 60's. I remember the price was $500, on sale!

I remember my dad was upset because after he filled up the station wagon, the next station had gas selling for 10% less. 18 cents vs 20 cents. Early '60s

Gas is around .30/gallon cheaper than diesel around here right now. I have not seen that since I've owned my diesel pickup. It gets about 4-5 more mpg than my gas pickup, but diesel was always considerable more than gas. I never bothered starting up the diesel for the drivin around. Just road trips and pullin. Now the gas burner has gone aside and I'll be driving the diesel truck around now.

This is the biggest bunch of manipulative bullsh#t there is. You cant blame the oil companies. You cant blame the government. You cant even blame the dooshbag spec'ers on wallstreet. You can pretty much blame all of them equally. Face it folks, we the people are completely powerless in this situation, and that's been nearly 100 years in the making.

.......but diesel was always considerable more than gas.........

I don't get it. I thought diesel fuel was easy to refine vs. gas thus lower cost. Probably wrong but I think diesel was cheaper than gas 20 years ago.

You are correct. It was always cheaper till it went to ultra low sulfur. Then it shot up way above the cost of gas.

Since then, I have questioned several people who work in the fuel industry and they claim it still takes less refinement than gas. They could always be wrong but that is what several people have told me from the industry on various occasions.

It is extremely frustrating as someone who drives a diesel.