Time to end 2 term limit on Presidents

Lets extend the term limits to Congress and the Senate. If we actually want to get things done, those clowns need to do something other than focus on reelection.

I'd like to see the senate have two six year terms and the house two four year terms. The house is pretty much a never ending campaign.

Lets extend the term limits to Congress and the Senate. If we actually want to get things done, those clowns need to do something other than focus on reelection.

I'd like to see the senate have two six year terms and the house two four year terms. The house is pretty much a never ending campaign.

What, so they have longer to get less done?

How is that longer vs lifetime? Confused. :confucius

Longer meaning, this allows them more time to get less done...

Being a Senator since 1985 allows you more time to get less done vs a twelve year term limit.

Being a Senator since 1985 allows you more time to get less done vs a twelve year term limit.

NO-PROB.gif

Probably should have put the :sarcasm in.

agree 100%. Its become a country club - no new blood and no new ideas

Can we live with the following term limits:

Congress -

Senators: 2 terms - 12 years max Senators go back to being appointed by their respective state govt - keeps them more beholding to the people instead of 'at large' diplomats that so many think they are now.

Representatives: 4 terms - 8 years max;

President: I'll get wild on this one:

one 6 year term - - with a 'parliamentary style vote at the end of year 4 by Congress (the newly elected Congress) to continue another 2 years (as the check in case the guy is Carter like bad - I won't use the current pres for the example). The "people's voice" would be heard in the congressional elections during year 4. A president seems to always suffer after about year 6 (Obama it appears is moving that to year 5). If the pres had done a good job in the 1st 4 years, there is still normally good will for another 2 years for him to complete his agenda -

This would cut down on the politicization of the office and maybe more would get done - (as pres don't have to be in campaign mode all of the time )- & act in ways that are best for the nation and not personal agenda of re-election. If the new Congress did not reconfirm the president - new elections would be held in 8 months (cut down on all of the campaigning) and the new president takes office 12 months from the congressional vote.

The existing president would be a lame duck for 1 year instead of 2-4 years as it stands now. (Draw back - if a popular president is in office but the congress is controlled by one party - that popular pres could get voted out - Ie Reagan in 1984 - or possibly Clinton in 94 -- maybe we need to add Governors to the parliamentary vote and state legislatures - Ok, I may have talked myself out of the parliamentary vote, but not the 6 year term.)

Supreme Court: 1- 20 year term - that is enough to serve through 3 or more presidents (if the 6 year model is used) or 2 pres if the current 8 year model is used