Time to end 2 term limit on Presidents

This way they will be held accountable and never get the mind set they can do whatever they want. I mean really when you only have to worry about getting re-elected and then you have 4 years to do whatever you want because you can't run anymore then they are going to do it. Notice how a Presidents first term isn't that bad but yet in their second term it gets a hell of a lot worse and their own agendas go right out the window that they ran on.

this does not make any sense. they could just do whatever they wanted in their first time if they wanted. why would they automatically care about re-election if they had some radical agenda they were so desperate to effectuate?

not to mention that bad things will happen and bad things are twice as likely to happen during a presidency if the tenure is twice as long.

• Fire 1

this does not make any sense. they could just do whatever they wanted in their first time if they wanted. why would they automatically care about re-election if they had some radical agenda they were so desperate to effectuate?

not to mention that bad things will happen and bad things are twice as likely to happen during a presidency if the tenure is twice as long.

You would think that but when you are trying to re-elected and you screw up your image in the first term even someone slightly better will get elected. If Obama did all this stuff he is doing now in his first term do you really think he would've gotten re-elected?

This way they will be held accountable and never get the mind set they can do whatever they want. I mean really when you only have to worry about getting re-elected and then you have 4 years to do whatever you want because you can't run anymore then they are going to do it. Notice how a Presidents first term isn't that bad but yet in their second term it gets a hell of a lot worse and their own agendas go right out the window that they ran on.

OBAMA-WINKING.jpg

You would think that but when you are trying to re-elected and you screw up your image in the first term even someone slightly better will get elected. If Obama did all this stuff he is doing now in his first term do you really think he would've gotten re-elected?

Yes, he would have.

There's a reason it was passed. If a President sucks bad enough that no one wants to re-elect him, this amendment is not going to change that.

Do you know why it was passed in the first place? Bush jr was re-elected because some felt he should end what he started. That never happened. Besides you mean to tell me you would rather have Bush over Clinton?

Lifting term limits will do nothing to make these jagoffs more responsible and beholden to the people who elected them. The only thing that will change that is when we the people have had enough of it and take action to reverse it. Based on the results of the last few election cycles, that time isn't yet. And, holy moly, now, of all times, is not the time to even be thinking about testing the theory. If you wanna go there, at least wait until we have a decent President in office. Not sure I remember when the last time for that was.

• Fire 1

There's a reason it was passed. If a President sucks bad enough that no one wants to re-elect him, this amendment is not going to change that.

Do you know why it was passed in the first place? Bush jr was re-elected because some felt he should end what he started. That never happened. Besides you mean to tell me you would rather have Bush over Clinton?

The purpose of the 22nd Amendment is to limit a President from becoming too powerful. No, I would not prefer President W Bush over President Clinton, but that's not important. If you think removing term limits is going to stop a guy from doing bad stuff as the President, you're crazy.

Naw. Instead let's keep the two term limit. And on the last day of their second term we poll for their approval rating. If they rate below 50% we use a guillotine to end their term. Next!

• Fire 1

The purpose of the 22nd Amendment is to limit a President from becoming too powerful. No, I would not prefer President W Bush over President Clinton, but that's not important. If you think removing term limits is going to stop a guy from doing bad stuff as the President, you're crazy.

As opposed to congress who can serve a life term. Congress makes all the laws and has the most power. Most people during FDR's term knew him as the only President while they were alive. It helps keep them more honest because they want to stay as President they couldn't do stupid crap. Notice how the country has gone downhill since the 22 amendment was passed. Notice how you see so many rinos and dino because they know they have a finite amount of time to serve so it's easier to buy them off. The hardest thing a sitting President does is get re-elected since any mess up can kill his bid.

As opposed to congress who can serve a life term. Congress makes all the laws and has the most power. Most people during FDR's term knew him as the only President while they were alive. It helps keep them more honest because they want to stay as President they couldn't do stupid crap. Notice how the country has gone downhill since the 22 amendment was passed. Notice how you see so many rinos and dino because they know they have a finite amount of time to serve so it's easier to buy them off. The hardest thing a sitting President does is get re-elected since any mess up can kill his bid.

It seems to me then that the better solution (or rather helpful step) would be to institute term limits on congress. Also adopt Nuances guillotine suggestion and we might get headed in the right direction. I'd modify it though to include congress with the executive and have the head chopping performed immediately any time during their term if their approval falls below about 60%.

Has the country really gone downhill since the 22nd was passed? Has it, really? Interstate highways, better healthcare, better education, better technology, etc. Has our country really gone downhill since 1951, or do you just think it has?

Has the country really gone downhill since the 22nd was passed? Has it, really? Interstate highways, better healthcare, better education, better technology, etc. Has our country really gone downhill since 1951, or do you just think it has?

Has the country gotten any better? Second term Presidents sure like to mess things up.