Hard Knocks to feature the Bengals

The other stable of backs didn't do anything eye opening. Rex looked great tonight. Its going to be fun watching him progress and I for sure will be watching Bengals games this season. I hope they start throwing to him too and loved the great tackle tonight on special teams.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Rex did about the same as the other backs he just saw more touches. I honestly don't know what to think since he was the 5th back out, at this point unless he stands out in the next few games there's a good chance he could get cut.

He won't be cut. He signed a 4 year contract for a little less than $2.3 mil. I agree that he won't be featured out of the crowded backfield this year, and unless there are significant injuries, at best he will get garbage duty on occasion. He might see some punt returns, but mostly special teams work in his rookie season. The Bengals signed him right away. So they know he is worth investing in and seeing what they can get out of him in the next few years. Keep the faith up,,,I'm sure Rex does.

In the NFL this means zero...he could have signed for eleventy billion dollars and they could still cut him. Nothing in the league is guaranteed

The other stable of backs didn't do anything eye opening. Rex looked great tonight. Its going to be fun watching him progress and I for sure will be watching Bengals games this season. I hope they start throwing to him too and loved the great tackle tonight on special teams.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Rex did about the same as the other backs he just saw more touches. I honestly don't know what to think since he was the 5th back out, at this point unless he stands out in the next few games there's a good chance he could get cut.

He won't be cut. He signed a 4 year contract for a little less than $2.3 mil. I agree that he won't be featured out of the crowded backfield this year, and unless there are significant injuries, at best he will get garbage duty on occasion. He might see some punt returns, but mostly special teams work in his rookie season. The Bengals signed him right away. So they know he is worth investing in and seeing what they can get out of him in the next few years. Keep the faith up,,,I'm sure Rex does.

In the NFL this means zero...he could have signed for eleventy billion dollars and they could still cut him. Nothing in the league is guaranteed

Actually he is guaranteed slightly over $102k but that's fairly small if they decide they don't want him.

missed it, can anyone upload some of rex's highlights or just highlights from the game?

You know there is this thing called the interweb. You should check it out some time.

why? no one has uploaded highlights yet so i'm requesting it

I am not going to get in a pissing match with you, but how hard is it to check NFL.com or ESPN.com or any other sports website? People want things handed them to them way too often.

I checked the NFL website and found 0 Burkhead videos. So... Pretty hard.

The last episode I watched I noticed Rex in the background 3-4 times, and one close-up shot on him. But I don't think he's been featured at all yet.

When Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden were talking to Jay Gruden (Cincy OC) about "2nd half players" in the preseason game he'd like to get a good look at, the 2nd guy Jay mentioned was Rex Burkhead. But before he could finish his thought on Rex, his brother Jon interrupted him with his usual loud, obnoxious buffoon routine.

The last episode I watched I noticed Rex in the background 3-4 times, and one close-up shot on him. But I don't think he's been featured at all yet.

When Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden were talking to Jay Gruden (Cincy OC) about "2nd half players" in the preseason game he'd like to get a good look at, the 2nd guy Jay mentioned was Rex Burkhead. But before he could finish his thought on Rex, his brother Jon interrupted him with his usual loud, obnoxious buffoon routine.

Hey mister I like Jon Gruden. Was just reading an article where they said that the Bengals staff has been very impressed with Burkhead, saying something to the effect of having excellent "football speed" and having underrated power. I'm starting to get the vibe that the Bengals are thinking of Bernard and Burkhead as the duo for the future, slowly phasing out Green-Ellis with Rex taking on that role. If Gio underperforms again and Rex has a good game this Saturday, things could get interesting.