Unofficially Official : Big Ten adding Holiday, Kraft bowls

exswoo

Big 12 had 8 on a couple of occasions.

There's what, 38 bowls? 39? Now theyre talkin about addin 6 more for the smaller conferences? At some point in time in the near future, their will be multiple teams with legit. losing records competing in bowls. The prestine of a bowl season has been completely washed down the toilet.

Well the Big 12 is more deserving of getting those 8 teams in then the Big Ten is.

How do you measure which league is more "deserving" of getting its worst non-losing record teams into a bowl game?

I know the Big Ten plays the SEC more in bowl games but we simply can't hang with them. The Big 12 and Pac 12 have showed they have a chance against the SEC. I would give a bowl berth to the SEC, Big12, Pac12 and then the Big Ten.

Now it's obvious you spew sh#t out without even thinkin it through. The Big 10 was just a few points away from a winning record against the SEC last year.

Whatever Mrs.Accountability! Almost doesn't count.

I know the Big Ten plays the SEC more in bowl games but we simply can't hang with them. The Big 12 and Pac 12 have showed they have a chance against the SEC. I would give a bowl berth to the SEC, Big12, Pac12 and then the Big Ten.

Now it's obvious you spew sh#t out without even thinkin it through. The Big 10 was just a few points away from a winning record against the SEC last year.

No. Almost doesnt count We as a conference certainly need to get over the hump, but it's a far cry from your typical, negative, and greatly skewed perception of not being able to hang with them. Again, it's another example of you shooting of your negative thoughts without thinking them through. I dont believe I've ever read one positively toned comment from you ever. Are you just bitter that Barack hasnt given you any free sh#t yet? Or do you just need a hug.

This whole "SEC owns Big 10" perception started back in 2006 and 2007 when Ohio ST-the class of the Big 10-all but got ran off the field in back to back National championship games by SEC teams. The SEC had an advantage obviously, and it was completely blown out of the water following the 2010 season, when Michigan St-one of the Big 10's three co-champions was completely dismantled by a 9-3 Bama team in the bowl game. Since, the SEC's prowess over the Big 10 has been completely spun out of control by those particular media groups that want you to think it. Case in point. Last year's Cap One Bowl. Nebraska had Georgia completely on the ropes mid-3rd quarter, couldnt hang on, and lost a tough game by a couple scores. The game was never out of control until maybe only a couple minutes left. But ESPN highlights proceed to say-and I quote "Nebraska blown out by Georgia 45-31". So anyone watching the highlights, but not the game, would be under the assumption that Nebraska never had a chance, and that again the SEC again blew away another Big 10 team. It's all bullsh#t plain and simple. I can't wait to hear how they spin it once the Big 10 does get over the hump. Case in point-the bullsh#t that was spewed by the talking heads the morning after Louisville beat Florida. It was disgusting.

The Big Ten usually plays up in bowls.

Pac-12 champ in LA(usually USC whom everyone struggles against)

Big XII teams in Texas

SEC #2, #3/#4 and #5 in Florida

Usually 2 BCS teams(98,99,02,03,05,06,08,09,2010)

very few games vs the Big East/ACC

Better coaching and better talent will help along with this new lineup.

No. Almost doesnt count We as a conference certainly need to get over the hump, but it's a far cry from your typical, negative, and greatly skewed perception of not being able to hang with them. Again, it's another example of you shooting of your negative thoughts without thinking them through. I dont believe I've ever read one positively toned comment from you ever. Are you just bitter that Barack hasnt given you any free sh#t yet? Or do you just need a hug.

This whole "SEC owns Big 10" perception started back in 2006 and 2007 when Ohio ST-the class of the Big 10-all but got ran off the field in back to back National championship games by SEC teams. The SEC had an advantage obviously, and it was completely blown out of the water following the 2010 season, when Michigan St-one of the Big 10's three co-champions was completely dismantled by a 9-3 Bama team in the bowl game. Since, the SEC's prowess over the Big 10 has been completely spun out of control by those particular media groups that want you to think it. Case in point. Last year's Cap One Bowl. Nebraska had Georgia completely on the ropes mid-3rd quarter, couldnt hang on, and lost a tough game by a couple scores. The game was never out of control until maybe only a couple minutes left. But ESPN highlights proceed to say-and I quote "Nebraska blown out by Georgia 45-31". So anyone watching the highlights, but not the game, would be under the assumption that Nebraska never had a chance, and that again the SEC again blew away another Big 10 team. It's all bullsh#t plain and simple. I can't wait to hear how they spin it once the Big 10 does get over the hump. Case in point-the bullsh#t that was spewed by the talking heads the morning after Louisville beat Florida. It was disgusting.

Results are needed to convince me otherwise. I don't drink the Kool-Aid or buy the hype until we start winning those games. For me a win isn't a win in college football where humans make the choice on the rankings. I also look at how we play and if things got fixed. When they don't that's why I can't see any optimism in Bo. Different year same result. But I do hope Bo does fix issues and when he does that's when I can get behind him. Sure we can play them close but I don't do moral victories. I don't care about ESPN douchebaggery so even though they might say blowout the more informed people will know better.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2013/06/26/actionreaction-ncaa-rules-on-oregon-pac-12-bowl-lineup-cal-hires-secor-and-pac-12-football-recruiting/#more-31778

Looks like both bowls will be pretty high up on the Pac-12's bowl order :

Rose - B1G

Alamo - B12

Holiday - B1G

Kraft - B1G

Sun - ACC

With the Big Ten getting 3 of Pac12's Top 4 teams, a Big Ten team's pretty much guaranteed an annual game against Oregon or USC every year.

• 2 weeks later...

The Detroit Lions announced today that they have entered into a six-year partnership with the Big Ten Conference for a bowl game that will be played at Ford Field beginning in 2014.

The game will be officially named once sponsorship agreements are in place. The inaugural game is tentatively scheduled for December 30, 2014 (pending TV broadcast schedule).

“We are thrilled to be hosting a new bowl game in Detroit that will be anchored by an annual commitment from the Big Ten,” said Detroit Lions Team President Tom Lewand. “In addition to showcasing our city and its rich football tradition, this game will be an opportunity for fans to enjoy a postseason matchup featuring one of college football’s best conferences.”

At the end of each college football season, the Big Ten and a conference to be named will determine their team representatives after discussion between bowl and conference officials to create the best possible matchup.

Huskers.com

Big 12 had 8 on a couple of occasions.

There's what, 38 bowls? 39? Now theyre talkin about addin 6 more for the smaller conferences? At some point in time in the near future, their will be multiple teams with legit. losing records competing in bowls. The prestine of a bowl season has been completely washed down the toilet.

Yep; or I mean Boom or ummm.. whatever is the right terminology now days!

Results are needed to convince me otherwise. I don't drink the Kool-Aid or buy the hype until we start winning those games. For me a win isn't a win in college football where humans make the choice on the rankings. I also look at how we play and if things got fixed. When they don't that's why I can't see any optimism in Bo. Different year same result. But I do hope Bo does fix issues and when he does that's when I can get behind him. Sure we can play them close but I don't do moral victories. I don't care about ESPN douchebaggery so even though they might say blowout the more informed people will know better.

You're full of sh#t.

On one hand you make the claim that the Big 12 is better suited to beat SEC teams, which is not borne out by the facts. On the other you state only results sway you when it comes to the B1G.

Nebraska almost beat a team that was just a few points from playing in the MNC. We didn't get embarrassed. The top of the B1G can beat the top of the SEC. Our current last year was having two of our top teams not be bowl eligible. That will change this year.

You're full of sh#t.

Let's take this opportunity to remind everyone of our #1 board rule: No personal attacks. It is completely not hard to make the above post without one.

A second warning will come with a suspension. A third will result in a ban.

You're full of sh#t.

Let's take this opportunity to remind everyone of our #1 board rule: No personal attacks. It is completely not hard to make the above post without one.

A second warning will come with a suspension. A third will result in a ban.

I'd like to make sure I give my apologies for that. I am just really starting to get pissed off at the level of negativity coming from a couple of the posters on this board. I'll avoid letting my emotions take over like that again.

Thanks! A level headed response like that is much appreciated :)

I know any discussion related to something we care about as much as Husker football can get heated. Let's just remember that in the end we're only here to talk football. There's bound to be a range of opinions but hey what can you do :P

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2013/06/26/actionreaction-ncaa-rules-on-oregon-pac-12-bowl-lineup-cal-hires-secor-and-pac-12-football-recruiting/#more-31778 Looks like both bowls will be pretty high up on the Pac-12's bowl order : Rose - B1G Alamo - B12 Holiday - B1G Kraft - B1G Sun - ACC With the Big Ten getting 3 of Pac12's Top 4 teams, a Big Ten team's pretty much guaranteed an annual game against Oregon or USC every year.

Looks like we're almost finalized on the bowl setup :

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/80139/two-dallas-area-bowls-in-b1gs-next-lineup

Capital One: Likely vs. SEC

Outback: Likely vs. SEC

Holiday: vs. Pac-12

Gator/Music City (rotating tie-in): Likely vs. SEC

Kraft Fight Hunger: vs. Pac-12

Pinstripe: vs. ACC

Heart of Dallas/Armed Forces: Opponents TBA

New Detroit Bowl: Likely vs. ACC

I'm assuming a Big Ten vs Big 12/MWC match up for Heart of Dallas/Armed Forces.

• 1 month later...

Looks like we're more or less finalized - looks like we'll have zero tie-ins with the Big12 going forward, which is a bit surprising. Makes sense to have the lowest bowl being vs C-USA though.

Bowl Tier 1

Rose : vs. Pac-12

Bowl Tier 2

Capital One: vs. SEC / Orange vs. ACC

Outback: vs.SEC

Bowl Tier 3

Bowl Tier 4

Heart of Dallas/Armed Forces (rotating tie-in): vs. C-USA

3 vs Pac -12

3 vs SEC

3 vs ACC

1 vs C-USA

Systematically the top 4 bowls are pretty challenging but the rest look more favorable than the current setup. Like the mix overall!

http://blogs.mercury...ing/#more-31778 Looks like both bowls will be pretty high up on the Pac-12's bowl order : Rose - B1G Alamo - B12 Holiday - B1G Kraft - B1G Sun - ACC With the Big Ten getting 3 of Pac12's Top 4 teams, a Big Ten team's pretty much guaranteed an annual game against Oregon or USC every year.

Looks like we're almost finalized on the bowl setup :

http://espn.go.com/b...1gs-next-lineup

Capital One: Likely vs. SEC

Outback: Likely vs. SEC

Heart of Dallas/Armed Forces: Opponents TBA

I'm assuming a Big Ten vs Big 12/MWC match up for Heart of Dallas/Armed Forces.