Voter fraud

I agree that any vote fraud is very concerning but........ surprised that the national media isn't making more of this? nah. This was a democrat that won election in Florida after all. Nothing to see here, keep moving. Heck, just the fact that your linked article came from Fox News will cue most everybody that this must be a non-issue.

I agree that any vote fraud is very concerning but........ surprised that the national media isn't making more of this? nah. This was a democrat that won election in Florida after all. Nothing to see here, keep moving. Heck, just the fact that your linked article came from Fox News will cue most everybody that this must be a non-issue.

Are you more or less surprised about the coverage of this story from known left-leaning news sources than you were about the relative lack of coverage of the Strategic Allied Consulting scandal from right-leaning news sources?

Chicago in the 1960 presidential elections had more votes than registered voters. Supporters of Nixon wanted to challenge the results, but Nixon said no, that would be bad for the country.

What happened 40 years later STILL is influencing politics today with hard feelings, revenge and cut throat dealings etc

Are you more or less surprised about the coverage of this story from known left-leaning news sources than you were about the relative lack of coverage of the Strategic Allied Consulting scandal from right-leaning news sources?

Or Bob McDonnell's (or Michelle Bachmann's) current . . . problems.

Strangely silent. I'm not sure how long the media victimhood strategy will work in the echo chamber. Probably for quite awhile yet . . .

I guess I would be equally not surprised. To be honest, I'm not that informed on either issue or aware of who has covered what. But, our media is basically a joke, be it the more common left leaning media that selectively chooses what is not news worthy or the less common but possibly even more biased right wing media that tend to make mountains out of molehills with anything that hints of democrat malfeasance. I'm not quite sure what, if anything, would surprise me anymore.

This is just about a House primary election in Florida? :dunno

Hope the responsible individuals lose their jobs and the problem is fixed. Can't say that I'll lose any sleep over it . . .

Yep, and they are making it sound like it was unintentional. If that's true... even more :dunno

After all that has happened over the last 4-6 election cycles, I have felt there needs to be an effort to clean up the voter rolls. No, not like what Florida is being accused of. I personally think the entire data base should be wiped clean. Then, between now and the next election, all voters need to re-register with valid proof of who they are. Now, this needs to be done at an official site like a court house with people trained on how to register voters. I am fine with the government spending what would seem to be a huge amount of money on this if we need to set up registration locations in various neighborhoods.

I would be very interested in knowing how the number of registered voters would change.

I guess I would be equally not surprised. To be honest, I'm not that informed on either issue or aware of who has covered what. But, our media is basically a joke, be it the more common left leaning media that selectively chooses what is not news worthy or the less common but possibly even more biased right wing media that tend to make mountains out of molehills with anything that hints of democrat malfeasance. I'm not quite sure what, if anything, would surprise me anymore.

market-share-Prime-A25-54-590x455.jpg

(didn't see a more recent breakdown)

Are these issues more important?

LINk

LINK

LINK

In a word . . . yes.

I will say that I'm a little surprised that you trust Talking Points Memo. I suppose so long as it's Democratic malfeasance the source doesn't matter so much . . . ;)

Edit: Now I see how you got there. You googled something similar to "democrat voter fraud." How fair and balanced of you. :lol:

Strangely silent. I'm not sure how long the media victimhood strategy will work in the echo chamber. Probably for quite awhile yet . . .

I had to google Bob McDonnell to even have a clue. I assume you are talking about the Governors alleged unreported gifts of a Rolex and thousands of dollars from a donor. I will speculate that Fox News isn't covering this story. Not surprised.

And Michelle Bachmann's problems? Not sure where this is headed but I will assume her ridiculus statements on the USC and DOMA. this one, I would expect Fox to report on but more than likely most of their talking heads will side with her position. Again, not surprised.

That's the way it goes anymore with our media. I don't believe I've ever claimed it was a one way street. Journalism is dead in this country. Now it is simply an entertainment business catering to their target audience.

I had to google Bob McDonnell to even have a clue. I assume you are talking about the Governors alleged unreported gifts of a Rolex and thousands of dollars from a donor. I will speculate that Fox News isn't covering this story. Not surprised.

And Michelle Bachmann's problems? Not sure where this is headed but I will assume her ridiculus statements on the USC and DOMA. this one, I would expect Fox to report on but more than likely most of their talking heads will side with her position. Again, not surprised.

That's the way it goes anymore with our media. I don't believe I've ever claimed it was a one way street. Journalism is dead in this country. Now it is simply an entertainment business catering to their target audience.

Infotainment.