Voter fraud

Are these issues more important?

LINk

LINK

LINK

In a word . . . yes.

I will say that I'm a little surprised that you trust Talking Points Memo. I suppose so long as it's Democratic malfeasance the source doesn't matter so much . . . ;)

I did a quick search and these were the stories that came up. Do you dispute the story that you are talking about?

Carl- No argument, Fox News has the vast share of cable news viewership. But, what do those pie charts look like if you include ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS. Maybe I'm too old school and out of touch but it seems to me the major networks still have quite a bit of influence with news distribution. I might be wrong IDK cuz I watch very little news anymore from any source. I get more of my news from HB posts than anywhere.

Are these issues more important?

LINk

LINK

LINK

In a word . . . yes.

I will say that I'm a little surprised that you trust Talking Points Memo. I suppose so long as it's Democratic malfeasance the source doesn't matter so much . . . ;)

I did a quick search and these were the stories that came up. Do you dispute the story that you are talking about?

See the edit above. I think I figured out the keywords that you used. :P

Are you more or less surprised about the coverage of this story from known left-leaning news sources than you were about the relative lack of coverage of the Strategic Allied Consulting scandal from right-leaning news sources?

What I find more interesting than how or which media are covering these things is how actual republicans or democrats react to them.

This;

From the AP:

Strategic Allied Consulting was hired by Republicans to do voter registration drives in Florida and other states. But last fall, the state party fired the company and took the additional step of filing an election fraud complaint against the company with state officials.

It would appear the Florida Republican Party discovered wrong doing by SAC and then fired and reported them. Good for them.

And then this from BRB's linked Acorn article;

"In November 2009, Democratic operative Anthony DeFiglio told New York State police investigators that faking absentee ballots was a commonplace and accepted practice in political circles, all intended to swing an election."

"DeFiglio claimed that “the reason that this came to light in this election, was the sheer number of absentee ballots that went out to the Working Families Party. … To political insiders in the county, what appears as a huge conspiracy to non-political persons is really a normal political tactic.”

Seems to be a much different type of response to the same problem.

I won't begin to claim either side holds the higher ground but, we can sit here and cherry pick left/right stories all day long without making any headway.

The responses are the same, you just gotta use a better source. Here's a much better glimpse at what this DeFiglio character said:

No Republicans were implicated in the alleged conspiracy, but one political operative claimed that such voter fraud occurs "on both sides of the aisle."

In November 2009, Democratic operative Anthony DeFiglio told New York State police investigators that faking absentee ballots was a commonplace and accepted practice in political circles, all intended to swing an election.

"This is an on-going scheme and it occurs on both sides of the aisle," he told police. "The people who are targeted live in low-income housing and there is a sense that they are a lot less likely to ask any questions."

He said that "it was common knowledge that these people were never going to receive an absentee ballot. This is a political strategy to get control of a third party line."

DeFiglio claimed that "the reason that this came to light in this election, was the sheer number of absentee ballots that went out to the Working Families Party. ... To political insiders in the county, what appears as a huge conspiracy to non-political persons is really a normal political tactic."

LINK

It would appear the Florida Republican Party discovered wrong doing by SAC and then fired and reported them. Good for them.

Well . . .

[R]Gov. Rick Scott is showing zero interest in following up on the state’s efforts to investigate voter registration fraud.

When asked at a news conference Tuesday if he’s reviewed either of the two cases closed by the state’s Department of Law Enforcement into a vendor hired by the Republican Party of Florida, Scott had a one word reply: “No.”

http://miamiherald.t...raud-cases.html

As an experiment, I googled "republican voter fraud".

Got about a page and a half of hits dominated by msnbc and huffington post links.

No, I'm not surprised.

I'm confused as to why anyone would throw a party label in front of a search for "voter fraud." Is it only bad when it's done by the party that you aren't affiliated with?

• Fire 1

Got about a page and a half of hits dominated by msnbc and huffington post links.

No, I'm not surprised.

I'm confused as to why anyone would throw a party label in front of a search for "voter fraud." Is it only bad when it's done by the party that you aren't affiliated with?

Well, I did it only because you had mentioned "democrat voter fraud" prior. To answer your question, I suppose someone might do that when attempting to find examples of it from one specific side of the aisle. That doesn't necessarily mean they only find the behavior from one side unacceptable. I think it's a bit natural when people start attacking the issue like it's onesided to look for equal opportunity on the other side.

No, I'm not surprised.

As an experiment I googled "libertarian voter fraud"

Got about a page dominated by libertarian denouncing voter fraud