Huskers add Tim Wagner to roster

Nebraska's Jordan Hooper scored nine points and grabbed nine rebounds while making her first international start, powering the USA Basketball Women's World University Games Team to a 90-71 victory in the gold medal game on Monday.

Hooper, a 6-2 senior forward from Alliance, Neb., erupted in her first USA start, pouring in five points, including the game's first three-pointer, to go along with three early rebounds to fuel the U.S. team's 13-3 lead to open the game. She also played a major role defensively in helping the United States to its third straight World University Games gold medal.

Hooper scored seven first-quarter points to help the USA take a 22-13 lead at the end of the quarter. She played the entire first period and finished with 31 minutes in the game. Entering the contest, Hooper had averaged 6.2 points and 5.0 rebounds while playing 12.6 minutes per game in the USA's first five wins.

Huskers.com

I like it, but wish we could expand the roster with something other than guards. We are extremely guard heavy.

Isn't every player regardless of size basically a guard now? I mean, you have guys 6-10 to 7 feet tall shooting 3's all the time now. Gone are the days of the Karl Malones and Tim Duncans for PF's and Centers.

I like it, but wish we could expand the roster with something other than guards. We are extremely guard heavy.

Isn't every player regardless of size basically a guard now? I mean, you have guys 6-10 to 7 feet tall shooting 3's all the time now. Gone are the days of the Karl Malones and Tim Duncans for PF's and Centers.

No.

Andre-Almeida-Nebraska-University.jpg

:P

No.

Andre-Almeida-Nebraska-University.jpg

:P

400+ pound players not included in my assessment.

• 3 months later...