Sign in to follow this  
3-N-OUT

WR Ishmail Jackson

Answered my own question ...:)

Jackson and Damon toured the NU campus Wednesday, and the South Florida football prospect enrolled at Nebraska. He is planning to walk-on to the Husker football team as a defensive back in August

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Ishmail-Jackson-nephew-of-actor-Matt-Damon-to-try-out-for-NU-138674

He's going to try and walk on, if he makes it past the try out, which he will I'm sure. Maybe we will see Damon in the sideline in the future. Some good pub there.

• Upvote 2

OK....so, this is the kid Matt Damon was on campus with? This kid sounds like a class act and someone who has his head on his shoulders. I hope the best for him.

OK....so, this is the kid Matt Damon was on campus with? This kid sounds like a class act and someone who has his head on his shoulders. I hope the best for him.

Yeah, it's his nephew or some such relation.

With all due respect to this young man, why is he in the 2013 recruiting profiles if he is a walk-on?

That would be my fault...I tried doing a search for him on HB, but I couldn't find anything, so I wasn't sure where to start a post...still learning the ins and outs of HB...if someone wants to delete this thread or move it, please do...won't hurt my feelings:) Sorry

With all due respect to this young man, why is he in the 2013 recruiting profiles if he is a walk-on?

That would be my fault...I tried doing a search for him on HB, but I couldn't find anything, so I wasn't sure where to start a post...still learning the ins and outs of HB...if someone wants to delete this thread or move it, please do...won't hurt my feelings:) Sorry

No worries. Just curious.

Or Maybe not...

Afalava, meanwhile, joins walk-on receivers Richard Wynne and Ishmail Jackson as those who did not travel for violating team rules. Pelini did not specify beyond that.

Per husker Extra...