Dienhart: Huskers have one of the 'best-looking fronts'

knapplc

He saw 7-7 IIRC. He says they looked good. Not that they were playing good. They pass the eyeball test. Something that IMO, is obvious. DT's that are the size of a house, DE's that are tall and rangy. No doubt per folks observations, the media and coaches comments, we have more speed and athleticism since probably 2010. Ankrah, Stein and Martin were not bad. I can't help, but think a healthy Stein could have helped in the CC. I think his observations re spot on. I gree with the review of the WR, the DB's and OL. Why not the rest?

Bo even said he should have burned some shirts last year. Again, IMO, we had better talent and athleticism, Bo chose not to use it. He is learning ie Gerry and Bando getting serious looks as well as other true fresh this year.

I am drunk on the kool-aid, but this season seems and feels different. We are going to surprise some folks.

I could've swore the last two seasons, the Huskers were among the first teams they visited. So I assumed they only saw less than a handful of teams and didn't really look at Michigan, Ohio St. and Penn St. at all.

Sorry for the assumption, I'll gladly eat my crow now.

I didn't read the thread. It's a bad habit of mine where I read the OP and skim for about 4.5 seconds and then type a response and THEN go read the thread only to discover that what I posted about has already been discussed at length. Whoops.

So that's how you get an extra thousand posts, I'll have to give it a try.

Not my style of music, BUT DRANK UP THE KOOL-AID!!!

So out of curiosity, I thought I would go back and remind myself of what the BTN crew had to say about our team last year. An overview of their comments were:

- Defensive line is very impressive and athletic. They have real speed coming off the edges

- An extremely deep defense with a whole lot of speed

- Hard to imagine this defense not be very, very good

In actuality, the defense was the opposite of deep, wasn't particularly fast, and most would categorize as average.

h251BF57C_zpse6eeaf5b.jpg

So out of curiosity, I thought I would go back and remind myself of what the BTN crew had to say about our team last year. An overview of their comments were:

- Defensive line is very impressive and athletic. They have real speed coming off the edges

- An extremely deep defense with a whole lot of speed

- Hard to imagine this defense not be very, very good

In actuality, the defense was the opposite of deep, wasn't particularly fast, and most would categorize as average.

Well we had some speed in E.Martin (4.53) & J. Ankrah (4.68). And as someone pointed out, some of the guys they were raving about redshirted. Also to be noted is that our secondary was one of the best in the nation last year. Had we had a little bit of depth or avoided a couple injures in the trenches we'd of been alright.

Besides, this years defense is a hell of a lot faster than last years at all three levels. Especially the LBs.

It doesn't matter how fast you are if you have to think the whole time, rather than react. Or maybe the reads are slow, that slows you down much more than the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.7