Know the Foe: Brett Smith

Unless our D comes out like gangbusters, Brett Smith will have a good to very good game on Saturday. He's a really nice player, who gave us some trouble early on the last time we played them (his 4th career start, as a true frosh). He has a bit of Brett Favre/Ben Roethlisberger in him, creating off of broken plays, and qbs with that ability have given us trouble in the past. Predicted statline: 18/32 245 yds 3 td 2 int

To put that in perspective, some notable 2012 visiting quarterbacks:

Yost from D1AA Idaho State went 16/32 123 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT.

McGloin from Penn State went 18/37, 240 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Stave from Wisconsin went 12/23, 214 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

Nobody else really did anything of note.

Meh, I'm sticking with it.

I take inspiration from last night's NDSU vs. Kansas State game.

No offense and I mean this with all due respect but, we're not KSU and Wyoming isn't NDSU.. I literally would be more concerned if we were facing NDSU today. They've got it going on up there.

True. But if Wyoming plays with NDSU's moxie and no-quit attitude, it couldn't hurt.

No offense and I mean this with all due respect but, we're not KSU and Wyoming isn't NDSU.. I literally would be more concerned if we were facing NDSU today. They've got it going on up there.

True. But if Wyoming plays with NDSU's moxie and no-quit attitude, it couldn't hurt.

OH it's gonna hurt!!

I'm here to eat my crow. Wyoming played and coached one hell of a game. Brett Smith was much better than I anticipated. Your guys did play with a no quit attitude. As far as the analogy, NU was KSU tonight. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your season. You guys should win plenty of games.

I'm here to eat my crow. Wyoming played and coached one hell of a game. Brett Smith was much better than I anticipated. Your guys did play with a no quit attitude. As far as the analogy, NU was KSU tonight. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your season. You guys should win plenty of games.

Thanks. I've got my fingers crossed that Wyoming FINALLY breaks out. Good luck to the Huskers. You've got some great players and will build off this game. Here's to victories for both teams from here on out.

Too bad Wyoming. I thought the Pokes out-played the Huskers and deserved to win.

Brett Smith = stud. The play calling was tremendous. Why didn't Christensen call plays before now? He was great at Mizzou and continued to be great against NU.

But I was even more impressed with the D-line. Even with all the atrocious holding (by both teams), the Wyoming DL stood toe-to-toe with what should be a good OL for NU. Every time I thought the Huskers were finally going to wear out that front, they dug deep and came up with a stop. Should be much, much better on D and especially run D this year.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Too bad Wyoming. I thought the Pokes out-played the Huskers and deserved to win.

Brett Smith = stud. The play calling was tremendous. Why didn't Christensen call plays before now? He was great at Mizzou and continued to be great against NU.

But I was even more impressed with the D-line. Even with all the atrocious holding (by both teams), the Wyoming DL stood toe-to-toe with what should be a good OL for NU. Every time I thought the Huskers were finally going to wear out that front, they dug deep and came up with a stop. Should be much, much better on D and especially run D this year.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks for the kind words. As for Christensen calling plays, a lot of Wyoming fans are wondering the same thing. I think he finally got frustrated with the results and decided to get hands on. So far, so good (except for that silly dipsy doodle play towards the end of the game).