Know the Foe: Brett Smith

Former WYO quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels looked pretty decent last night: 21/36 (59%), 300 yards, 2 tds, 2 ints (the last one wasn't really his fault).

I wasn't aware that he transferred to Vandy. Interesting move.

He must've got tired of battling the second coming of Jesus aka Brett Smith for the #1 QB spot. Probably a smart move on his part to transfer.

• Fire 4

Unless our D comes out like gangbusters, Brett Smith will have a good to very good game on Saturday. He's a really nice player, who gave us some trouble early on the last time we played them (his 4th career start, as a true frosh). He has a bit of Brett Favre/Ben Roethlisberger in him, creating off of broken plays, and qbs with that ability have given us trouble in the past. Predicted statline: 18/32 245 yds 3 td 2 int

Unless our D comes out like gangbusters, Brett Smith will have a good to very good game on Saturday. He's a really nice player, who gave us some trouble early on the last time we played them (his 4th career start, as a true frosh). He has a bit of Brett Favre/Ben Roethlisberger in him, creating off of broken plays, and qbs with that ability have given us trouble in the past. Predicted statline: 18/32 245 yds 3 td 2 int

I tend to agree with this as well. I like Smith and think hes pretty good. But then i think of how good our secondary should be and i think he could really struggle. I think he completes less or right around 50% of his passes with atleast 2 picks They will be in catch up mode almost instantly and he will have to force most of his passes into tight coverage. He will have the occasional missed assignments from the Lbers, but i dont see him lighting us up like Murray was able to do.

Careful. I don't think you are allowed to say "nice" things about Brett Smith. :P

Former WYO quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels looked pretty decent last night: 21/36 (59%), 300 yards, 2 tds, 2 ints (the last one wasn't really his fault). I wasn't aware that he transferred to Vandy. Interesting move.
He must've got tired of battling the second coming of Jesus aka Brett Smith for the #1 QB spot. Probably a smart move on his part to transfer.

after this week that deserves a +1

Our secondary was really bad at that point. Now it's very experienced and actually pretty good. Mobile or not, I think our D has their way with him. He'll get his yards. He'll get a score or two, but i dont expect to see anything that's gonna raise any red flags this week with regards to the defense.

they may score a third TD in the 4th quarter well after the NU D loses interest. It happens... one team is up say 48-14 and there is 8 minutes left, the subs are in, the defenses interest and focus is down...

so a cheap third score is not that unlikely.

But, I agree.. while the game is still being "decided" --- I cannot see Wyoming scoring more than a couple times, at best.

To put that in perspective, some notable 2012 visiting quarterbacks:

Yost from D1AA Idaho State went 16/32 123 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT.

McGloin from Penn State went 18/37, 240 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Stave from Wisconsin went 12/23, 214 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

Nobody else really did anything of note.