Know the Foe: Brett Smith

For the record, I haven't gone on any site, Wyoming or Nebraskan and made any outrageous claims as to Wyoming's prospects for victory. No doubt it's a looooooong shot. My expectations is that Wyoming will have some success, particuarly early in the game, but that the weight of homefield advantage and Husker talent will do them in. No biggie. Really, no biggie. My hope is that my team comes out of the game unscathed injury-wise and they they'll earn some begruding respect from the Nebraska fans (O.K. that might be a much to ask). Anyway, the team will get some good experience and may build some confidence so they'll realize that the coming competion is not nearly on the par with Nebraska. It could come in handy against conference rivals Boise State, Nevada, San Diego State and Fresno State, because as good as they are, they probably ain't no Kneebraska.

Note that every opposing team gets a standing ovation from our fans, win, lose or draw.

Opposing fans will be treated well, really well

Some people just dont appreciate outrageous and illogical "opinions" on the games- enough said

Brett Smith highlights good and bad vs. Texas

When UT rushed 4 Dline at beginning the game Smith really moved the ball well. However when UT started blitzing he got hit a few times right away and was far less effective. Not knocking him, the Oline was picking up guys but without any RB's in the backfield he was a sitting duck. Noticed when he is pressed he throws off his back foot quite a bit. I really think he will move the ball with we line up and just rush four linemen. I would like to see us do what Texas did and bring some pressure.

When UT rushed 4 Dline at beginning the game Smith really moved the ball well. However when UT started blitzing he got hit a few times right away and was far less effective. Not knocking him, the Oline was picking up guys but without any RB's in the backfield he was a sitting duck. Noticed when he is pressed he throws off his back foot quite a bit. I really think he will move the ball with we line up and just rush four linemen. I would like to see us do what Texas did and bring some pressure.

I'll bet Bo lets the four down linemen bring pressure alone for the first couple of series at least, to see what they can do. If the game is in doubt he might start blitzing people at Smith, but it's not his MO lately to blitz.

I'll bet Bo lets the four down linemen bring pressure alone for the first couple of series at least, to see what they can do. If the game is in doubt he might start blitzing people at Smith, but it's not his MO lately to blitz.

This is what I figure will happen too. And I think Wyo will move the ball pretty well on the first couple series.

Please show Brett Smith's "very good numbers in 2012." Thank you.

I'm afraid this got lost in the shuffle. I'd like an answer to this, please. Thank you.

Oh, sorry. Here you go: http://espn.go.com/c...959/brett-smith

You may disagree about how 'good' these numbers are, but they look quite impressive to me. Regardless, these numbers aren't tainted by the fact that Wyoming didn't play a lot of good defenses, or that they didn't produce a very high powered offense overall, because again, they're Wyoming. Which, again, was the entire point of my rebuttals to the arguments made.

I do think the Huskers are quite likely to put a pounding on Wyoming this Saturday. If Smith actually has a very productive day against the defense...I'd be surprised. In case we're confusing my counter arguments with predictions.

So Brett Smith, in a vacuum, is a "very good" quarterback. Because we can't look at who he played against, the level of competition, things like that. Right?

Because I'm pretty sure if we put Taylor Martinez on a DIII team, he'd have better numbers than Brett Smith. Or if we put him on Alabama. So because he would have better numbers, he would be a "very good" quarterback, and thus, better than Brett Smith.

Do I have that correct? Or is that entirely unrelated to the discussion?