UCLA Game Tweets

GSG

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_BigTen 1m

Making the grade as Nebraska's QB http://es.pn/17UbxTO

Martinez needs 28 rushing yards to join four quarterbacks in FBS history who gained 3,000 on the ground and threw for 6,500. He needs 112 yards of total offense to become the ninth Big Ten player to accumulate 10,000. He's the active leader nationally in career rushing yardage and, historically, is among the likes of Vince Young and Colin Kaepernick with his statistical exploits.

We were Penn State's first game after news broke of that tragedy. Now we're the first game for UCLA after this... I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Brown plays a significant role in helping both teams deal with this on Saturday.

His guidance would be appropriate, imo.

I agree. His presence at the Omaha council meeting about sexuality discrimination was not appropriate in my eyes, but his presence at times of the Penn St situation and now Saturday is. I wonder now that maybe these things happen with our game weeks because we're the program and fanbase that can handle it 100% the right way.

We were Penn State's first game after news broke of that tragedy. Now we're the first game for UCLA after this... I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Brown plays a significant role in helping both teams deal with this on Saturday.

His guidance would be appropriate, imo.

I agree. His presence at the Omaha council meeting about sexuality discrimination was not appropriate in my eyes, but his presence at times of the Penn St situation and now Saturday is. I wonder now that maybe these things happen with our game weeks because we're the program and fanbase that can handle it 100% the right way.

I had no problem with his appearance at the Omaha council meeting except for the fact that he gave his address as memorial Stadium. That was inappropriate. I disagree with his stance on the issue itself, but I don't have a problem with someone speaking their opinion.

The guy knows how to handle these situations so I think it would be a helpful for the healing of the Bruins loss.

what they heck are they motivated by then Pelini? many fans have been trying to figure that out for the last 18 months. I personally don't care what motivates them, as long as they are motivated - which doesn't always seem to be the case.

Tom Dienhart@BTNTomDienhart 2m

Would #Huskers Ciante Evans be happy beating UCLA but allowing a ton of yards? « Big Ten Network http://btn.com/2013/09/10/ciante-evans-on-ucla-we-dont-want-to-settle-just-for-a-win/?cmp=user+shared+twitter …

Q: If you win 50-45 vs. UCLA but give up 600 yards, will it be OK?

A: No, it wouldn’t be OK. As a defense, you always want to strive for greatness and that’s what we want to strive for: To be great. We don’t want to settle just for a win. We’ll take the win, but we want to come out and play defense like we did last week.