Let's get behind this team>

jimk

I was on the fence about Bo. After this came out I'm full in support of him and what he's doing here. He may have wanted out and maybe still does but we sure don't make his job easy. Lets just get behind him and this team that we all love and show that we are the "greatest" fans in football. His players say they would run through walls for him well, now is their chance to prove it. Come out and play with some heart and some passion that we haven't seen for a while. Some delta bravo came out and is trying to tear their team and our state apart. Lets show our support for our University and go out and kick some f****** bunny ass!!

• Fire 2

I do not know how to measure "the best fans" versus the 2nd or 3rd best fans... but I can say this...

for 52years (I think) NU fans have filled every seat in stadium. No sports team --- college or pro --- is even close. That is very, very impressive a testimony of fan support. Few places (any?) can state that 1 out of every 15-20 or so persons in the state are at the game. NU is fairly high up on the licensed merchandise purchases list ... given the population base of Nebraska and the fact the NU is not an overly large school (now or in the past)... is impressive.

Win. Lose. Competitive. Non-competitive. NU fans are there.

Add to that that opposing teams, their fans and their coaches often comment on how great NU fans are in general.

Again... I do not know how to quantify "greatest" from merely great... but to ascribe something less than great to NU fans seems to be indefensible. NU football has great fans.

• Fire 1

I do not know how to measure "the best fans" versus the 2nd or 3rd best fans... but I can say this...

for 52years (I think) NU fans have filled every seat in stadium. No sports team --- college or pro --- is even close. That is very, very impressive a testimony of fan support. Few places (any?) can state that 1 out of every 15-20 or so persons in the state are at the game. NU is fairly high up on the licensed merchandise purchases list ... given the population base of Nebraska and the fact the NU is not an overly large school (now or in the past)... is impressive.

Add to that that opposing teams, their fans and their coaches often comment on how great NU fans are in general.

Again... I do not know how to quantify "greatest" from merely great... but to ascribe something less than great to NU fans seems to be indefensible. NU football has great fans.

Actually, the Green Bay Packers are approaching 400 consecutive sellouts. I know they play more games at home each year but they've been sold out since 1965.

Actually, the Green Bay Packers are approaching 400 consecutive sellouts. I know they play more games at home each year but they've been sold out since 1965.

Good point. They too have great fans. Forgot about the Packers. That really is an amazing thing considering how small a town Green Bay is. And a great deal of that streak is when the Pack were not so hot.

I hail from Chicago and so all things Packer are.... well I have amnesia regarding them. But you are right they have amazing fans.

Good call in pointing out that omission on my behalf.

Still... what NU has amassed is impressive

I think we need to remove the "Greatest fans in college football" from Memorial Stadium becuase we quite obviously, do not have the best fans.

This is ridiculous.

It's a mild exagerration but there are many many NU fans who seem to be self entitled and have the need to be coddled byt the team and coach.

Having sold out since 1962 doesnt make a fanbase great. Supporting the team through good and bad, cheering on the players on every play, not bashing the coach at every turn does make a fanbase great. Staying at games for the entirety of 4 quarters also helps with that.

Theres something called constructive criticism, and then there is the type of stuff that has been going around on message boards and other groups that is beyond criticism. It's pure hate and completely irrational. Some "fans" can't think rationally after a loss or even after a win sometimes, and calling for the coaches head on a platter isn't going to solve any problems.

We think we can bash on the coach and the players all days long, but as soon as the coach says anything but "The fans here are awesome!" we turn into a bunch of irrational hateful a$$hole$. How about we take everything in context, and put some perspective into each comment and thought and come up with some rational thoughts for once.

I for one do not agree with some of what is going on with the program, but when i go to games I stay till the end, and if something doesnt go right, I don't go out to every social media outlet and say FIRE BO! I have my concerns, but Bo continuing as the HC is not one of them.

If we are the greatest fans in college football, then how about we grow up and act like it?