Martinez and how many wins

wilber24

After thinking things through...Tommy Armstrong did great last night but Taylor has 40 games starting experience. I'm 100% in favor of starting Tommy Armstrong from here on out. The past 2+ years, Taylor Martinez has had the same level of job security as Tom Brady, & that's not an exaggeration. Tommy Armstrong's performance came against a pretty shi&ty defense, so although he appears to be a better quarterback than Taylor...is a more accurate passer, is able to evade defenders, makes accurate throws on the run, keeps plays alive/makes plays when the pocket collapses, appears to be a better decision maker than TM...once again against South Dakota State. So if Taylor claims to be 100% & Bo decides to start him, whatever, I get it. However, if Taylor isn't performing well, or the offense is stalling, going 3 & out mode, Taylor needs to be benched like any other player. No more special treatment.

• Fire 4

I think that we'll see Martinez come back too early and hurt that foot worse than before against Illinois. He needs to take it easy, the kid isn't gonna be a NFL QB, we all know that and he should know that even though he wants to be. So this is probably his last chance to play football and if he wants that chance he needs to heal that foot right.