Forde-Yard Dash

np_husker

I would bet a lot of money that UM wouldn't have gotten back into coaching after one year out if the OSU job wouldn't have been open.

When you are set for life financially, you can be very selective about where you coach

When you can coach where you grew up- near family and when you have kids- that helps make the decision much easier

Thats my point. I don't think it being OSU had as much to do with it as it being a great job with easy recruiting etc. If the Texas job would have been open he would have taken it also.

When you are a great coach with his amazing track record- you dont have to settle for coaching at Buffalo U

When you are the tops in your field with a big office and great support staff- you dont have to go work for the bottom dwellar working out of a cubicle and answering your own phone chuckleshuffle

. I might even be giving Meyer too much credit as he's only gone on to programs that were a recruiting hotbed.

Urban was successful at Bowling Green and Utah, not considered by many to be successful progams or in recruting hot beds. The guy, like him or not is a great coach.

I for one am happy he is in the B1G

I'm not a big Meyer fan, but can't argue with his success. I was a little surprised last summer when he challenged all the other Big 10 teams to recruit better......but it probably needed to be heard. I think Pelini realized it a couple of years ago though.....and has improved in his last couple of classes.