I tried Chrome for the first time. Neat extension features, nicely and clean arrangements and supposedly faster than Firefox. However for example, Chrome sometimes garbled screen after selected "reload this page" cursor.....unstable? Probably back to original and primary Firefox, again probably.

BTW, I don't understand why choose IE users. Myself, IE is messy screen, complicated, numerous virus holes and some more .... all bad.

I never tried Linux operating system. What's the benefit?

Microsoft history:

XP - no complaints for me, I still used it (home use)

Vista - crap, back to XP

Windows 7 or 8 - never tried it

IE - crap

Outlook - crap, too complicated (my workplace)

PowerPoint - excellent (my workplace)

Word and Excel - so-so (my workplace)

You ever tried Chrome?

Win 7 64 good

Win 8 64 faster startup but otherwise just ok

browsers

Firefox- primary

IE nope

Chrome better than IE; should use it more since one of my primary emails is Gmail.

I have word and excel-wife is CPA

actually I have the whole Office Suite can't turn it down when

the wife's company makes it available for $24 full license

I use Chrome all the time. A couple extensions make it do weird things but (so far) I haven't needed them so I shut them off. Really like keeping my bookmarks synced between home, work, phone and iPad.

I still think I like XP the best, although my new machine with Windows 8 has run well so far. IE is bad but Outlook and Office are very good.

or hold down shift and reload whichever is more natural. why you running xp? 7 and 8 use less resources. xp is bad compared to modern os's. time to move on. lInux is ok if you don't play games. unless you were brought up into linux there is no reason to use it unless you want to.

Stubborn and cheapskate! I owned ancient ancient ancient PC. Circa 2004, Dell 8400 3.6GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, 1.5G DRAM, 100G hard drive and the first PCI Express graphics card - 512MB/256bit GeForce(sp?). Believe it or not, absolutely no problems at all even hard drive except my motherboard battery died a couple of years ago. It's fine for me (member of old fogies club).

30919189-2-440-front+angle-3.jpg

or hold down shift and reload whichever is more natural. why you running xp? 7 and 8 use less resources. xp is bad compared to modern os's. time to move on. lInux is ok if you don't play games. unless you were brought up into linux there is no reason to use it unless you want to.

Stubborn and cheapskate! I owed ancient ancient ancient PC. Circa 2004, Dell 8400 3.6GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, 1.5G DRAM, 100G hard drive and the first PCI Express graphics card - 512MB/256bit GeForce(sp?). Believe it or not, absolutely no problems at all even hard drive except my motherboard battery died a couple of years ago. It's fine for me (old fogies club).

30919189-2-440-front+angle-3.jpg

your computer meets all the minimum requirements of windows 7 or 8 if you were interested in moving to that. otherwise just stick with what you have.

Chrome's GPU acceleration and javascript engine can sometimes be a bit wonky. I had been using SRWare Iron, a build of Chromium that fixes many of the privacy issues in Chrome, but switched back to Firefox with version 22. Mozilla has really pulled a rabbit out of their hat and made Firefox great again on desktop, and Firefox mobile is also, in my opinion, the best browser for Android right now. The only thing I really care about though is device syncing and at least a modicum of security.

Stubborn and cheapskate! I owned ancient ancient ancient PC. Circa 2004, Dell 8400 3.6GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, 1.5G DRAM, 100G hard drive and the first PCI Express graphics card - 512MB/256bit GeForce(sp?). Believe it or not, absolutely no problems at all even hard drive except my motherboard battery died a couple of years ago. It's fine for me (old fogies club).

Just an FYI, support for XP ends next April. This means that there will be no more windows updates, and eventually no driver support for future software. This will lead to being more susceptible to viruses and eventually unable to install new programs. If you don't want to spend the money on a new computer, you can always buy windows 7 or 8 (I would recommend 7) for $100-200, if you meet the minimum requirements. It may take awhile to get use to the new OS, but it will be beneficial in the long run.

Chrome's GPU acceleration and javascript engine can sometimes be a bit wonky. I had been using SRWare Iron, a build of Chromium that fixes many of the privacy issues in Chrome, but switched back to Firefox with version 22. Mozilla has really pulled a rabbit out of their hat and made Firefox great again on desktop, and Firefox mobile is also, in my opinion, the best browser for Android right now. The only thing I really care about though is device syncing and at least a modicum of security.

Hello krill,

I decided to switch to Firefox (primary). You're right, Chrome is sometimes a bit of "wonky". I looked my firefox version.....version 25. Better or worse? :dunno