Ohio State @ Northwestern

tschu

Texas was never trying to get out; quite the opposite. They could do whatever they wanted, but they had 11 little brother universities paying in to the collective financial agreement of which they were the largest beneficiary. We were not squeezed out; we simply refused to allow the Longhorn Network to continue. Well, it continued anyway. Good effort, Nebraska, we really showed them.

unlike the longhorn network, which isn't shown anywhere.

but i feel like we were 'squeezed out', for lack of a better term, because of our stand on the inequity of the conf. and no one standing with us.

texas was trying to get out. we got squeezed out, some other choice members left, everyone capitulated to ut's demands (e.g., their own network). at least that is how i remember it.

Texas was never trying to get out; quite the opposite. They could do whatever they wanted, but they had 11 little brother universities paying in to the collective financial agreement of which they were the largest beneficiary. We were not squeezed out; we simply refused to allow the Longhorn Network to continue. Well, it continued anyway. Good effort, Nebraska, we really showed them.

There were quite a few rumors floating around that Texas was looking to bolt to the Pac 10. Where there's smoke, there's fire

We were actually a large beneficiary of the inequality of the conference as the only two universities who received a larger cut than us were Texas and OU, with OU only receiving slightly more.

We were profiting off the terribleness of KU and ISU just as much.

texas was trying to get out. we got squeezed out, some other choice members left, everyone capitulated to ut's demands (e.g., their own network). at least that is how i remember it.

There were quite a few rumors floating around that Texas was looking to bolt to the Pac 10. Where there's smoke, there's fire

lol, never would have happened for 1000 reasons. And none of that would have been in discussion had we committed to the Big 12.

We were actually a large beneficiary of the inequality of the conference as the only two universities who received a larger cut than us were Texas and OU, with OU only receiving slightly more.

We were profiting off the terribleness of KU and ISU just as much.

yes, but with the longhorn network looming, that inequity gap was going to widen exponentially. but that is not the point i was arguing, and i am not really arguing with you. i just perceived the events leading to our departure as equal parts getting squeezed out of an inequitable conference and us being progressive with the shifting landscape of conference football.

lol, never would have happened for 1000 reasons. And none of that would have been in discussion had we committed to the Big 12.

It was in discussion long before we decided to bolt for the B1G. Reason UT didn't bolt for the Pac 10 is because they weren't going to have their LH network solely to themselves. The Pac 10 wanted a share of that money and UT was having none of that. Plus UT wanted other teams to pay them to play on the LHN

It was in discussion long before we decided to bolt for the B1G. Reason UT didn't bolt for the Pac 10 is because they weren't going to have their LH network solely to themselves. The Pac 10 wanted a share of that money and UT was having none of that. Plus UT wanted other teams to pay them to play on the LHN

Looks like you just made my argument for me. Was never EVER going to happen. Don't mistake a posing power play for a legitimate possibility of a move.

Texas and OU were both looking to leave and head to the PAC. Larry Scott turned them down because the Longhorns wanted to make demands like keeping the Longhorn Network and it's profits. OU had a little problem named T. Boone that wanted to throw his money around. A&M were already in talks with the SEC and still would have left even if we had stayed. It was a great move for us financially and for athletics as it gives us stability unlike we had in the Big12.