Ohio State @ Northwestern

tschu

Wow....time for rule explanations.

1.) You're not allowed to suplex a player 3 seconds after the whistle was blown.

2.) Yes those were obvious holds

3.) When you pick the ball up with your knee on the ground, the play is dead.

The refs were not biased to Ohio State in fact, most of us were bitching that they weren't calling hold sooner.

3--He didn't pick the ball up with his knee on the ground. Watch that closer.

Not to mention the refs hosed Northwestern with the horrible spot of the ball that pretty much ended the game for them.

This whole idea that Lincoln Nebraska is completely undesirable to recruits.....

have you been to any other campuses?

South Bend sucks(the campus is gorgeous but the place itself sucks), Tuscaloosa sucks, Happy Valley is in the middle of nowhere, Gainesville is a dump, USC is in the ghetto, etc,etc

No place has it perfect. In fact Madison is way better than any of those towns and They get out-recruited by them easy.

This whole "weather" thing..... There is not a person in this world that hates the cold more than Ryan Shazier from Plantation, Florida. Guess where he's playing ball?

It's all about coaches and developing relationships. Shazier loved Meyer and Tressel. Meyer left Florida so he went to OSU with Tressel.

That right hand looks like it has quite a nice grip on that ball to me....then again I am extremely biased.....but don't pretend you aren't either...

You don't know me very well then. In this case if a guy is down regardless of whether or not it's 'my team' or not I'll say he's down. I don't play like that. If you beat my team fair and square then so be it. The point is it was clearly a fumble and by the time Colter secured the ball and lunged forward it didn't matter anyway. The referees clearly spotted the ball nowhere near where he ended up with it hence ending the game for them.

That right hand looks like it has quite a nice grip on that ball to me....then again I am extremely biased.....but don't pretend you aren't either...

You don't know me very well then. In this case if a guy is down regardless of whether or not it's 'my team' or not I'll say he's down. I don't play like that. If you beat my team fair and square so be it. Point is it was clearly a fumble and by the time Colter secured the ball and lunged forward it didn't matter anyway. The referees clearly spotted the ball nowhere near where he ended up with it hence ending the game for them.

Show me proof that he got the spot. because he was was kept from falling over by his own lineman's behind and while his BODY(his back) might have been across the line the BALL was behind.

The only player who surged on that play was #63 the Guard( I think it was the guard)

NWU2.jpg

They showed another angle where it looked like his knee was off the ground.

Yeah I saw that one. One looks like it was off the ground and this one looks like it was on. We needed definitive proof that is all I am saying.

And as far as his gain on the play if he wasn't down, his own lineman blocked his progress and he was turned around so that he was facing the OSU endzone. don't care where his body ends up. where's the ball?

NWU2.jpg

They showed another angle where it looked like his knee was off the ground.

Thus the term indisputable evidence. When one looks like he's off the ground, and the other shows he was on a knee at the point he's grabbing the ball, that means its not indisputable. Therefore, the right call, Ohio State gets the ball.

I'm not arguing the call. I thought it was the right one. There seems to be the notion that Ohio State had some unfavorable calls last night, and that that was the reason why Northwestern hung around. Maybe that's wrong.

I definitely think that's wrong.

OSU did it to themselves. no excuse for the two fumbles and interception. No excuse for the dropped passes. No excuses for the coaches putting the defense in a position to fail(specifically on defense).

The refs didn't help the Cats keep the game close(although they should have called holding on them a few more times).

Don't get me wrong, Northwestern's offense is very good but anyone who watched the game could tell they had no answer for a power tailback set.

I'm not arguing the call. I thought it was the right one. There seems to be the notion that Ohio State had some unfavorable calls last night, and that that was the reason why Northwestern hung around. Maybe that's wrong.

Ohio State did have some unfavorable calls. So did Northwestern. It was fairly evenly badly called. What made Northwestern hang around was Miller's play (turnovers and bad reads), questionable playcalling, and a talented QB on Northwestern's side.

I definitely think that's wrong.

OSU did it to themselves. no excuse for the two fumbles and interception. No excuse for the dropped passes. No excuses for the coaches putting the defense in a position to fail(specifically on defense).

The refs didn't help the Cats keep the game close(although they should have called holding on them a few more times).

Don't get me wrong, Northwestern's offense is very good but anyone who watched the game could tell they had no answer for a power tailback set.

I know. I watched the game, and I definitely hope we nail them with that when we play them.