Westerkamp, best hands on the team

NUance

Husker receiver Jordan Westerkamp impressing teammates

By Rich Kaipust / World-Herald Bureau PUBLISHED TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2013 AT 1:00 AM / UPDATED AT 12:46 AM

LINCOLN — Jordan Westerkamp came to the line twice on third-and-long Saturday and realized what the Purdue coverage meant for the Nebraska receiver.

<snip>

Ron Kellogg hit Westerkamp for 23 yards on third-and-13 in the first quarter, with the redshirt freshman having to absorb a hit by Purdue safety Anthony Brown at the end of a post route to secure the first down. It helped set up the touchdown that put the Huskers ahead 14-0. Tommy Armstrong connected with Westerkamp for 21 yards on third-and-15 in the second, with a wheel route getting him into the secondary and pulling NU out of a hole by moving the chains again.

LINK

“He has the best hands on the team — best hands,” Enunwa said. Nuff said

I could swear I saw Westerkamp drop a pass and fumble once but I can't recall exactly. I like his speed though and my gut tells me he's going to turn out to be a good receiver for us.

He fumbled after catching one but it was picked up and secured.

... and fumbled one that was knocked it out of bounds.