Misery Index - USAToday - Huskers #4

Misery Index

Here we go again. Six weeks ago, Nebraska fans were on fire after absorbing a 41-21 loss to UCLA, prompting speculation about Bo Pelini's job security. It didn't help that the following Monday, two-year old audio surfaced on Deadspin.com of Pelini throwing expletives at the Cornhuskers' fan base. But all had been forgiven, at least temporarily, as Nebraska routinely won its next three. This actually could have set up OK for Pelini. The Huskers' schedule is so weak they could have easily smoke-and-mirrored their way to a season that looked great on paper and given Pelini a lot of ammunition to say he's doing a great job in Lincoln. But losing 34-23 at Minnesota is another setback, and Pelini's seat should indeed be warming up again. Nebraska fans get criticized nationally for expecting too much, and that college football is different than it was in the 1990s when the Big Red was dominant. Forget all that. Nebraska shouldn't lose to Minnesota. And it especially shouldn't lose to Minnesota while allowing 271 rushing yards and 430 total. That's a pretty disgusting performance

I'd say we're way more miserable than #4.

I'd say we should be #3. Mizzou had a typical choke, like we did, but it meant so much more than ours did. They had a very realistic chance of going all the way. And Va Tech lost to DUKE at HOME. Think NW 11 x 100000. No way are Ohio State's woes nearly as bad as ours - of Oregon/FSU/Alabama, two are very likely to lose. None of them have looked that impressive except FSU, and even then, FSU has a history lately of losing games they have no business losing (see: NC State last year).

I'd say we should be #3. Mizzou had a typical choke, like we did, but it meant so much more than ours did. They had a very realistic chance of going all the way. And Va Tech lost to DUKE at HOME. Think NW 11 x 100000. No way are Ohio State's woes nearly as bad as ours - of Oregon/FSU/Alabama, two are very likely to lose. None of them have looked that impressive except FSU, and even then, FSU has a history lately of losing games they have no business losing (see: NC State last year).

Gamecocks=Gophers? :rolleyes:

Gamecocks=Gophers? :rolleyes:

One team had a chance at a national championship. Hint: it's not nebraska. The stakes were higher for Mizzou. Their fans should be far more disappointed.