BF4 visuals better on PS4 over Xbone

Buy a PC, upgrade it when needed, have a better gaming experience and spend less money in the long run.

Profit all around.

Or have a PC and a console. Get the best of both worlds.

Meh. The only thing one really misses out on from a gaming experience by owning a PC are series like Halo, God of War, etc. They're good games, but not worth it enough to me. I'll take Steam and the ability to upgrade any day.

The other big thing for me is player base and maturity. My experience with PC gamers, over the last 13-14 years, has been significantly better than anything I've ever experienced on a console. Obviously, I'm not saying that's standard or the rule by any means. Again, just in my experience, the people I come across on PC are on average more intelligent, fun, mature and less dramatic.

PC-Gaming-Master-Race.jpg

Obligatory at this point.

I would never pc game primarily. Never enjoyed the experience or the knowledge that when I'm using a controller (the only gaming peripheral that feels good), there's some fat little nerdy guy who is slaughtering me with his mouse, keyboard, and wallhacks. Plus, pc gamers have always been the most arrogant people I have played with or seen on the internet. Also the Playstation exclusives alone are enough to keep me from ever switching. Games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Kingdom Hearts(not a ps exclusive anymore), the list goes on. And as far as maturity goes. Join an established clan focused on maturity and you're golden. Before I left to do LANs for CoD, I was in one for about 2 years and never had to deal with annoying kids.

There are upsides and downsides to each and many go hand-in-hand

Console: One self-contained piece of hardware requiring little maintenance, upgrading, and very little technical knowledge. But the graphical capabilities will be the same for the life of the console.

PC: If you know what you're doing you can build a machine that will have better graphics and is highly customizable for what you want to get out of your machine. But upgrading and building and messing with settings and overclocking and whatnot just isn't for some people.

Console: You can flop on the couch with controller in hand and play games (and watch movies and Netflix!) on a big-ass TV

PC: Well, many games are unplayable without a keyboard and mouse, particularly the esports-type games. Plus you have Steam, an internet browser, and literally everything else a computer can do at your disposal

Console: You get to deal with COD-tards and dumbass preteens

PC: Uh, anyone ever interact with the League of Legends community? yeah...not good

Console: Lots of games that aren't feasible or enjoyable on PC - Madden, exclusives like Halo, the Nintendo first-party stuff, etc.

PC: Lots of games that aren't feasible on console - Simulators and strategy games, MOBAs, Starcraft, MMORPGs for the most part, etc.

That's why I say get both; if you feel like you have to choose, you're going to miss out on a bunch of stuff available on "the other side" if you will. Gaming is gaming and gamers are gamers, no need to make it a civil war!

Really with the tech in the 'next gen' consoles, the only reasons to own a console is because you want to play the exclusives, or you have a group of friends you want to play with. You will see fewer and fewer console exclusives, especially from 3rd party publishers as they seek to maximize sales, and porting will be the easiest its ever been. PCs are just as capable as a console of plugging into a HDTV, I have had mine into my 50 inch before.

Really with the tech in the 'next gen' consoles, the only reasons to own a console is because you want to play the exclusives, or you have a group of friends you want to play with. You will see fewer and fewer console exclusives, especially from 3rd party publishers as they seek to maximize sales, and porting will be the easiest its ever been. PCs are just as capable as a console of plugging into a HDTV, I have had mine into my 50 inch before.

And that's where I'm at with the exclusives - consoles have some really fun exclusive games, don't get me wrong, but I've never been drawn into many of them. Hell, it took me years to get a 360 and I only did it because I got it for free.

PC gamers are arrogant for a reason - we know what we've got is better than most things consoles offer. :) Just joking... sort of.

Full disclosure - some of my most fun/best gaming experiences came playing with friends on consoles. And, truth be told, I will probably get one of the new consoles, but it's not going to be for several years. The capabilities of the entire PC experience just outweigh everything for me. I understand some people may disagree though and that's fine - like I said, I had tons of fun on my 360 and that's all that matters.

A lot of what Enhance said I agree with - which is why I think that if you're going to have both a PC and a console, get the Nintendo console. There's going to be a lot of crossover between PS4/XBOne and PC, and if you prefer the PC experience then obviously you won't get much out of either of those consoles. Nintendo's first-party titles aren't available anywhere else and they also tend to have the best party-type games that are great for playing with friends, getting drunk, whatever you like to do when you play Mario Kart. Granted, Nintendo isn't helping me out much with their crappy game lineup so far, but Smash, Zelda, Mario Kart are all on the horizon. Not to mention the virtual console lineup of classic games is fantastic.

I have one hell of a PC. Yet I've never used it for gaming. I just don't really like it.

Tried Far Cry 3 out on it, and it just feels weird using a keyboard to move instead of an analog stick on a controller. I wish I could enjoy it. I really do.

But for me, I'll be getting a PS4 for my gaming itch.

Also, I wish Nintendo would swallow their pride, admit defeat and release some of their games multiplatform. I know this will never happen, but it's about the only way for them so sell games at this point.

I have one hell of a PC. Yet I've never used it for gaming. I just don't really like it.

Tried Far Cry 3 out on it, and it just feels weird using a keyboard to move instead of an analog stick on a controller. I wish I could enjoy it. I really do.

But for me, I'll be getting a PS4 for my gaming itch.

Also, I wish Nintendo would swallow their pride, admit defeat and release some of their games multiplatform. I know this will never happen, but it's about the only way for them so sell games at this point.

Nah. Their brand is actually really strong in terms of what their business plan is. There's no way they can compete with Sony/Microsoft on the blockbuster-boom tier megaconsole market - they lost that position on the totem pole with the Nintendo 64 (a great great console in its own right but one that set Nintendo back permanently to Sony's PS1 in terms of game library and 3rd party support). They are looking for that Wii niche - not really a hardcore console, but one that introduces something new to the equation. That, as well as their 3 giant franchises (Mario/Zelda/Metroid) combine to form the wave that they want to surf.

Nintendo trying to release a comparable console to PS4/XB1 at this point would be like trying to open an upstart burger joint right between a McDonalds and a Burger King. Wouldn't work.

Now, they've had additional problems that have prevented them from having the sort of niche success that they should be having with the Wii U, but that's another story