BF4 visuals better on PS4 over Xbone

I actually just started messing with BF3 online, yes, i'm a little behind.

So far it's a blast, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

When the time times, I'll be getting a PS4, this will probably be one of the first games I get for it. It really does look fantastic.

And in other news PC visuals are already significantly better than both consoles before either has even launched yet.

I might eventually buy one but I'm pretty disappointed and frustrated that they are already bottlenecking technological progress right now. What the hell is it gonna be like 5 years into the cycle?

• Fire 2

And in other news PC visuals are already significantly better than both consoles before either has even launched yet.

I might eventually buy one but I'm pretty disappointed and frustrated that they are already bottlenecking technological progress right now. What the hell is it gonna be like 5 years into the cycle?

Yeah....true, but it comes with a price.

Hell, you can buy a graphics card that is more expensive than a PS4......

It will look like running a game on PC with min specs.

Unless some exclusives really blow me away, I may skip this generation. My rig already matches or beats the 'next gen' consoles, granted it was much more expensive. I am a little interested in the PS4 controller for using with the PC though. Games might need a controller upgrade of the 360 one that I have now, and the xbone's controller wont work with PCs til sometime in 2014 (MS has issues with it working with Windows? Really? idiots)

Unless some exclusives really blow me away, I may skip this generation. My rig already matches or beats the 'next gen' consoles, granted it was much more expensive. I am a little interested in the PS4 controller for using with the PC though. Games might need a controller upgrade of the 360 one that I have now, and the xbone's controller wont work with PCs til sometime in 2014 (MS has issues with it working with Windows? Really? idiots)

No, the delay is so they don't introduce a controller that allows gamers right off the bat to go to PC and undermine their console business. The mapping calls from the 360 to XBox One controller is bunk to make the delay look legitimate. As soon as the XBox One controller is available, though...the PC becomes the console to own, hands down.

Also, interesting that it's noted in the video that numerous features, including ambient occlusion, weren't turned on for the XBox One build, and that it would make a big difference. See ~7:30 mark.

This is probably a result of Microsoft doing a piss poor job getting dev kits and supporting dev software out to the studios--see the NeoGAF forums regarding the Call of Duty: Ghosts imbroglio going on right now. Multiple devs have stated the Xbox One is every bit as capable as the PS4, but because IW used the PS4 as lead console for development, there's the 1080p vs. 720p difference to get the game up to 60 FPS--it's not a power issue, it's a familiarity and optimization issue, which is all on Microsoft not getting dev kits and support to developers in ample time.

ku-medium.jpg

I felt this was rather apt, all things considered.

• Fire 1

No, the delay is so they don't introduce a controller that allows gamers right off the bat to go to PC and undermine their console business. The mapping calls from the 360 to XBox One controller is bunk to make the delay look legitimate. As soon as the XBox One controller is available, though...the PC becomes the console to own, hands down.

nah, not losing gamers to PCs are what exclusives are for. The PC community being what it is,there will be user made drivers/mods to run a xbone pad on PC within a couple days of people getting their hands on it. Sony was just smarter about it, and will have PC gamers who dont want to deal with that just buy a PS4 controller.

nah, not losing gamers to PCs are what exclusives are for. The PC community being what it is,there will be user made drivers/mods to run a xbone pad on PC within a couple days of people getting their hands on it. Sony was just smarter about it, and will have PC gamers who dont want to deal with that just buy a PS4 controller.

Once there's exclusives worth stopping down for, yes, but there isn't on the PS4 yet, and only a handful on the One. If you primarily play third party titles, then PC is the cheaper and better way to go.

On a related note, and one that illustrates that the consoles are more or less even in terms of horsepower (and that this is an issue with development codecs and kits provided by Sony and Microsoft more than anything else...), here's a bit about Call of Duty showing up with with a stable 60 FPS framerate and not looking indistinguishable from the PS4 version:

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-call-of-duty-offers-better-framerate-than-ps4-1463163114

The consoles are evenly matched folks--anyone saying otherwise is full of s**t and regurgitating what some asshat with an axe to grind on NeoGAF spewed out there. It just comes down to which one company provides better toolkits for their third party devs.

On a related note, and one that illustrates that the consoles are more or less even in terms of horsepower (and that this is an issue with development codecs and kits provided by Sony and Microsoft more than anything else...), here's a bit about Call of Duty showing up with with a stable 60 FPS framerate and not looking indistinguishable from the PS4 version:

http://kotaku.com/xb...-ps4-1463163114

The consoles are evenly matched folks--anyone saying otherwise is full of s**t and regurgitating what some asshat with an axe to grind on NeoGAF spewed out there. It just comes down to which one company provides better toolkits for their third party devs.

If one company provides better toolkits, then they aren't evenly matched.

http://kotaku.com/xb...-ps4-1463163114

If one company provides better toolkits, then they aren't evenly matched.

You obviously have no clue as to how technology or IT works then.

You obviously have no clue as to how technology or IT works then.

I have a clue, I'm just looking at the entire picture while you've got a hyper focus on tech specs.

If Company A and Company B both offer me the same device with the same features and hardware, but Company A provides a better climate for creating with, using and enjoying their device, then Company A has outdone Company B.

This is what almost did Sony in early in the last generation. Terrible dev kits, insane price point, lack of exclusives, etc. Nevermind that their machine was actually significantly superior to the 360. Luckily for them, they learned enough from their mistakes to turn things around just enough to end up on equal ground.