More from ESPN

HuskersGJ

I watched the end of the Alamo segment and expected it to be worse. You have Woody Paige, enough said, and the other guy i think tries his best to balance idiocy and jerkism.

but Woody actually pointed out other non-calls on the last play-- at least two guys holdings by Michigan.

They complained about and circled Michigan coaches who were on the field and partially blamed them for their own players not cutting back to the middle of the field.

Woody suggested that the Huskers that made the tackle could have been a "redshirted freshman off the sideline". actually it wasn't, Woody, but i know that any form of "research" is way too much to ask.

The conclusion was that because of players/coaches on the field for both teams, the play should have been redone from the original line of scrimmage (of course if there were holding calls...).

They also blamed the NCAA for not creating some kind of concrete rule for such situations after the Cal/Stanford game.

but then, it was good 'ol ESPN again. in their assessment of BC they said "oh, he only beat a "fading" Michigan team and a not-so-good CU team. :bang

gee, that's odd, Michigan wasn't "fading" before the game. they were in a bowl game that was well beneath them, facing a team that was well beneath them, sure they lost four but they beat PSU and most of their losses were to BCS-quality teams, etc, etc. they were supposed to win by double digits-- remember? but then Nebraska wins and its, "well, Michigan wasn't really that good." :dumdum

poor ESPN, so upset that one of their beloved Little 10ers lost to a team they were supposed to beat.

*ESPN - the worldwide leader in Big 10 excuses*

to top it off, and this is the kicker, Woody suggested that BC won't succeed b/c you can't have a pass offense in Nebraska because "its cold". :rollin

no kidding. well, good thing we also can't win on grass, eh Woody?

if that's one of the rationals they're down to now as to why BC won't succeed.... :thumbs:thumbs

Last I checked, Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State are in some pretty cold areas, as a matter of fact, they are colder than Lincoln, and they still throw the ball. I guess Washington and Washington State dont count either, eh woody? Or Boise.... I could probably think of some more, but im tired of this stupid arguement.

P.S. I forgot to mention Nebraska!

BLAH BLAH BLAH..... I knew this would happen. NO respect. What will it take. I suppose next year we will beat USC because its their rebuilding year.

Any how many games will we play where the weather will be so cold we cant throw and catch the ball? By December our season is pretty much wrapped up.

And again, whats saying we wont be able to run? i mean if we can do both, we will do both... if it is too cold to pass in MAYBE 1 or 2 games in the season we will do what it takes to win. There are plenty of coastal and southern teams that travel to cold places late in their seasons, maybe they should make the switch to dominant running gameplan.

Average High/Lows in Lincoln Nebraska

Aug

63.7°F

87.1°F

Sept

53.2°F

78.8°F

Oct

40.4°F

66.5°F

Nov

27.0°F

49.1°F

Dec

16.2°F

36.8°F

idiots... :blink:

yeah but its a fact that it is colder in Nebraska than it is in Big 10 country. and in Greenland for that matter. why do you think Greenland's team sucks so bad? its b/c they've been trying to pass the ball for so many years!

btw, another show, college gameday. VERY much from a pro-Michigan point of view. it was more Why Michigan Lost instead of Why Nebraska Won.

Mark May apparently called the game right on! newsflash! he said at halftime he rightly predicted that the team that runs the ball would win. his HALFTIME comments. he didn't make any reference to his spot-on pre-game predictions...

they also made plenty of mention of Michigan's mistakes. basically insinuating that NU won b/c of their mistakes. b/c apparently Nebraska didn't make any... the two interceptions inside the 30yd line, wrapped with special leftover xmas paper and a bow, didn't count as hurtful mistakes.

Lou Holtz also seconded the "Michigan wasn't that great" bit. "they won't even be top 20". which still begs the question as to why so many "experts" picked UM to blowout NU if they weren't all that great anyway. its very convenient that they only bring this up AFTER Nebraska wins the game.

an unbelievable 180 from these guys in only a matter of hours!

what they didn't mention, b/c it wouldn't fit they're Nebraska sucks theme, was what Herbstreit DID touch on during the game. that is that this teams is still in rebuilding mode, this was a team made up of a large number of Sophs and Frosh, and a team that for two games in a row beat teams that were supposed to steamroll over 'em.

yeah but its a fact that it is colder in Nebraska than it is in Big 10 country. and in Greenland for that matter. why do you think Greenland's team sucks so bad? its b/c they've been trying to pass the ball for so many years!

btw, another show, college gameday. VERY much from a pro-Michigan point of view. it was more Why Michigan Lost instead of Why Nebraska Won.

Mark May apparently called the game right on! newsflash! he said at halftime he rightly predicted that the team that runs the ball would win. his HALFTIME comments. he didn't make any reference to his spot-on pre-game predictions...

they also made plenty of mention of Michigan's mistakes. basically insinuating that NU won b/c of their mistakes. b/c apparently Nebraska didn't make any... the two interceptions inside the 30yd line, wrapped with special leftover xmas paper and a bow, didn't count as hurtful mistakes.

Lou Holtz also seconded the "Michigan wasn't that great" bit. "they won't even be top 20". which still begs the question as to why so many "experts" picked UM to blowout NU if they weren't all that great anyway. its very convenient that they only bring this up AFTER Nebraska wins the game.

an unbelievable 180 from these guys in only a matter of hours!

what they didn't mention, b/c it wouldn't fit they're Nebraska sucks theme, was what Herbstreit DID touch on during the game. that is that this teams is still in rebuilding mode, this was a team made up of a large number of Sophs and Frosh, and a team that for two games in a row beat teams that were supposed to steamroll over 'em.

what you said is what went down man, exactly right about the talk of the game on espn, holtz and company...

yep, the only guy to recognize what this team is doing was the announcer in the game......we all know what ESPN is about now, so let's ignore them, let the games, results, progress and wins next year speak for the team and the program...screw ESPN, "fair and impartial, balanced" sports reporting.......yeah, right!

hunter

Some of these sportswriters should get out of their cubes more. It's sickening.

Who gives a sh#t anyway. The Huskers will keep gaining momentum no matter what these talking heads say. It must be nice to get paid to spout off half truths all day just to rile people up and get paid for it. I think I will become a sportwriters to I can not be accountable for screwing up at my job. What a waste of space these people are.

before the game, weren't some of these "experts" saying that if Nebraska kept the game close, let alone winning, but if they just kept it close, it would quiet down the critics and mean that NU was pointed in the right direction?

unfortunately I think they said that without actually thinking Nebraska would even keep it close because that's certainly not the theme ESPN is going with.

We'll have to wait a while and see what the around the horn and PTI guys have to say...got some nice tv time today

true, though i don't know if i can stomach that. i'll catch someone elses rehash of the BS. Wilborn (i think that's right) gets off on the Big 10 even more than most media-types so i can't imagine what BS he'll come up with.

We were so good for so long. Unfortunately it has made us the press favorite target.

I don't really buy this because of the apparent love of OSU, MU and ND that prevades the press. They have all been consistently good for years but they don't have the target that NU seems to have in the media. Nebraska could be USC and Texas next year and the media would focus on how they lost the game instead of NU winning it. I found a long time ago to just totally ignore the sports media as a whole for NU (really big 12 overall) coverage.