lousy Big Ten to ruin ohios NC dreams

MichiganMan

4-8 Miami Ohio (2012)

4-8 UAB (2012)

3-6 Florida A&M Rattlers (2013)

4-4 San Diego State Aztecs (2013)

If tOSU want to boost its SOS perhaps it should rethink its nonconf schedule of patsies.

Vandy backed out at the last minute. had to get A&M.

Just to set the record straight, Florida A&M was not the replacement for Vandy......SDSU was. Ohio State legitimately scheduled Florida A&M to see their band perform (which did not work out)

4-8 Miami Ohio (2012)

4-8 UAB (2012)

If tOSU want to boost its SOS perhaps it should rethink its nonconf schedule of patsies.

Just to set the record straight, Florida A&M was not the replacement for Vandy......SDSU was. Ohio State legitimately scheduled Florida A&M to see their band perform (which did not work out)

Which was a direct result of Cincinatti cancelling.

4-8 Miami Ohio (2012)

4-8 UAB (2012)

Which was a direct result of Cincinatti cancelling.

FAMU was?

On the bright side, there has never actually been a credible College Football Championship, so no great loss. Though there is that yearly convoluted farce that has a new layer of crap added to it every decade to give an impression that this game is not the only league game in the world without a proper resolution.

On the bright side, there has never actually been a credible College Football Championship, so no great loss. Though there is that yearly convoluted farce that has a new layer of crap added to it every decade to give an impression that this game is not the only league game in the world without a proper resolution.

Next year is the first year of some semblance of order in regards to championships. It is my hope that they eventually go to 8. Each of the "Big 5" gets its champion in, as well as 3 at large teams. That's my hope.

• Fire 1

Next year is the first year of some semblance of order in regards to championships. It is my hope that they eventually go to 8. Each of the "Big 5" gets its champion in, as well as 3 at large teams. That's my hope.

I agree. I definitely hope they expand on just 4 that's for sure. At least we have a playoff next year though. It's going to be awesome. (finally)

I agree. I definitely hope they expand on just 4 that's for sure. At least we have a playoff next year though. It's going to be awesome. (finally)

Yea, it's a long overdue start, like said above it needs to be based on Champions and not on biased human voting, never mind the ridiculous computer algorithms(no really, computer algorithms, wow).

Finally though, and this may take another 30(rough ballpark) years since money rules voting and bowl games are money.

The playoffs need to be somewhere else other then in the south, neutral locations preferably SEC/B12 vs BIG/ACC in PAC country, PAC-Big games in SEC/B12 or ACC country etc..., otherwise it's still more of the same ol'. Seriously, last year 4 of the 7 bowl games BIG played were in the home state of their opponent, 2 more in their backyard and 1 in BIG country. That's Pretty crap statistically speaking I'd say. So yea, 30 years till normal like ALL other sports resolution, reserve your oxygen tanks today!

Teams that didn't win titles have good reason to claim there actually were no titles.

Not sure what teams are claiming there were no titles? What are you talking about? Unless you are referring to the fans here as "teams" which we are not(multiple personalities excluded). If so most here cheer for a team that won those "titles" and many much like myself find computer algorithms and bias voters to be the worse possible way out of all team sports in the world to choose, the final two competitors. I mean look at last year, Notre Dame played in the final? Yea, a big wtf there?! That was ridiculous and a blow out, that's how broken the post season is.

Teams that didn't win titles have good reason to claim there actually were no titles.

Not sure what teams are claiming there were no titles? What are you talking about? Unless you are referring to the fans here as "teams" which we are not(multiple personalities excluded). If so most here cheer for a team that won those "titles" and many much like myself find computer algorithms and bias voters to be the worse possible way out of all team sports in the world to choose, the final two competitors. I mean look at last year, Notre Dame played in the final? Yea, a big wtf there?! That was ridiculous and a blow out, that's how broken the post season is.

Someone said "there has never been a credible College Football championship." Someone else said they were "Mythical National Titles" as sour grapes over the fact that he didn't have any.

There is nothing intrinsically superior about a playoff over a regular season. Only two different ways of selecting a champion.

Someone said "there has never been a credible College Football championship." Someone else said they were "Mythical National Titles" as sour grapes over the fact that he didn't have any.

There is nothing intrinsically superior about a playoff over a regular season. Only two different ways of selecting a champion.

I would argue this through reason, logic and a plethora of real life examples, but that would be like trying to convince someone that the moon is not made of cheese when they insist it is.

There is everything superior about earning your way to the championship on the field rather than having people and computers choose it.

In CFB you earn[ed] it on the field over 12 games instead of two. Playing better in the playoffs is not better than doing it in the regular season. But people think that is because it's at the end of the year and it's called "the playoffs." Aside from popular opinion, there is nothing innately meritocratic.