Fighting Frankies vs. Buffalo

clyde40

Isn't there a "catch all" rule for the replay official to weigh in on "egregious" errors by the officials on the field?........

That would make too much sense.

Similar to an NFL game last year (can't remember which) where there was an obvious error made on a play that scored a TD. The coach was so upset that he threw the challenge flag at once. Problem was, under the first-year automatic replay rule, if a coach tried to challenge a play that was automatically being reviewed, not only would they not review the play but they penalized him with an unsportsmanlike flag.

I love it when people who make the rules employ so much common sense. Then again, common sense isn't as common as the name implies.

Isn't there a "catch all" rule for the replay official to weigh in on "egregious" errors by the officials on the field?........

That would make too much sense.

Similar to an NFL game last year (can't remember which) where there was an obvious error made on a play that scored a TD. The coach was so upset that he threw the challenge flag at once. Problem was, under the first-year automatic replay rule, if a coach tried to challenge a play that was automatically being reviewed, not only would they not review the play but they penalized him with an unsportsmanlike flag.

I love it when people who make the rules employ so much common sense. Then again, common sense isn't as common as the name implies.

Agree.

The rationale for my inquiry was I "thought" I heard one of the announcers discussing just such a rule last night. Admittedly, I had the game on in the background and wasn't totally dialed in, but thought they were complaining that this play should have qualified under that egregious category, if it was not reviewable.

And, I had never heard of it before.