Hello from a Spartan

Welcome, Sparty fan! Go ahead and mak yourself at home ;) We don't bite, mostly.

I'm also looking forward to an old-fashioned, well-fought battle on both sides.

questions

-How's your offense? Pleasesayprostylepleasesayprostylepleasedon'trunjetsweeps

-The Sparty D inspires fear, or so I'm told. What are its strengths? Weaknesses?

responses

-I'd rather duck and hide in that corner over there than think about our OL injury situation.

-Ameer's been banged up for a few weeks, but expect him to tough it out and carry the load, as he has been.

-Personally, I'm extremely confident in Tommy and RK3. I like the 2QB system (and it's a genuine 2QB system by plan) we have, and I like Tommy's poise. He'll have his mistakes, but he's a leader on this team already and has a fearless 'compete' attitude every time he gets back in there.

Welcome, Sparty fan! Go ahead and mak yourself at home ;) We don't bite, mostly.

I'm also looking forward to an old-fashioned, well-fought battle on both sides.

questions

-How's your offense? Pleasesayprostylepleasesayprostylepleasedon'trunjetsweeps

-The Sparty D inspires fear, or so I'm told. What are its strengths? Weaknesses?

responses

-I'd rather duck and hide in that corner over there than think about our OL injury situation.

-Ameer's been banged up for a few weeks, but expect him to tough it out and carry the load, as he has been.

-Personally, I'm extremely confident in Tommy and RK3. I like the 2QB system (and it's a genuine 2QB system by plan) we have, and I like Tommy's poise. He'll have his mistakes, but he's a leader on this team already and has a fearless 'compete' attitude every time he gets back in there.

Pro-style for the most part, with some read-option elements (not a lot, but just to keep the D honest). Yes, we do like jet sweeps and the occasional end around.

The D is good. Obliterates the run, much better pass rush than last year (especially interior) and the DEs are better at containing mobile QBs. There is a lot of depth, at almost every position except MLB and boundary CB we could put in someone else with little to no dropoff. We also don't have to move out of our base package much, our personnel match up well against almost every style of offense. Our MLB Bullough is a computer on the field, he often wins the chess match of audibling at the line vs. the QB. Weaknesses would be that we are aggressive, and thus susceptible at times to misdirection (although less so this year than the last 2). Also, our quarters coverage leaves the flats to be covered by our LBs which can be exploited via a mismatch. You have to prove that you can hit the deep ball though, otherwise the safeties will cheat up quite a bit. We are extremely comfortable with leaving our corners on an island, a matchup they dominate more often than not. Frees up the rest of the defense, which is why we're so good.

• Fire 2