What Games Have Pelini and Our Coaches Won Us?

Ric Flair

Yeah, it's so impressive it shows in our ranking. Where are we ranked now? Where are the teams we've beaten ranked? You're right- we might just be one of the best teams, outside the top 25. Sorry but if wanting more than that is unreasonable, I'm going to remain unreasonable. I hope to hell this team wins out and I am forced to eat crow for being critical but, unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I'm tired of constantly looking forward to the next year. At some point in time it has to be expected this year.

So now the negative nellies think they have a monopoly on expectations?

I expect us to win every game. I get upset when we don't. Then I analyze what we did right and wrong and talk about what we might do to improve. Of course it's just mental masturbation, since I don't attend practices or team meetings.

OTOH, when we don't meet your expectations, it's "Fire the bums! Burn it to the ground! We deserve better!"

The futility of your method was proven ten years ago. But I guess if you're only 9 years old, I can forgive your lack of hindsight.

So what team are you a fan of Takoda?

That's bullsh#t. You question someones fandom because they want the program to win more and perform better? You must be of the opinion that this is as good as it can be. Not ranked, squeaking by Wyoming, losing to Minnesota, getting blown out by UCLA and, so far, one great win beating Michigan in their house. That's it? That's all you want? Which team are you a fan of?

Relax. I'm fairly new here. I've noticed there are clearly fans of other teams posting here. "TAKODA" does not say "Husker Fan" nor does his avatar. Then he posts a heavily researched stats-laden post trying to tear down the Huskers, complete with a virtual high five to the guy who helped him compile these dramatic stats.

And I was supposed to correctly guess that he was actually a Husker fan???

GBRedneck;

I don't tear down the Huskers and if that is all you got out of my post then you did not read enough!

If you have watched the Huskers as long as I have, then you would know of the things that I or JJ and others are pointing out. None of us want Bo to fail, none of cherish the idea of going through the things we had gone through with replacing Frank or Clownass. What we desire is to see that we are progressively getting better and the players are "getting it" as Bo refers to so often. Hell, we are not even complaining about the number of wins vs. losses, its' how they have lost and looking like they are confused, confounded and Pop Warner like against the better teams we play. Points that were used from my copy and paste were compiled by BBB12 who took the time to put it all together in another post and then JJ referred to those figures showing a breakdown of those 9 and 10 win seasons coming against teams “we should have beaten” and the 14 point + losses were against teams we should be competing with but are not.

As for your reference to JJHusker1 post “The futility of your method was proven ten years ago. But I guess if you're only 9 years old, I can forgive your lack of hindsight” Really? Obviously you are either trolling to get a reaction or just have a problem with people who may have a different view of the situation than you. Not sure and really don't care. Again, if you read more than one of his or my post, you would know that we want the best for the Huskers, are not 9 years old and have been part of the Support Bo campaign for a long while! I suspect you knew that all along, but wanted to make sure you (as a new poster to the board) made a splash!

That's bullsh#t. You question someones fandom because they want the program to win more and perform better? You must be of the opinion that this is as good as it can be. Not ranked, squeaking by Wyoming, losing to Minnesota, getting blown out by UCLA and, so far, one great win beating Michigan in their house. That's it? That's all you want? Which team are you a fan of?

Relax. I'm fairly new here. I've noticed there are clearly fans of other teams posting here. "TAKODA" does not say "Husker Fan" nor does his avatar. Then he posts a heavily researched stats-laden post trying to tear down the Huskers, complete with a virtual high five to the guy who helped him compile these dramatic stats.

I'll relax when you do. I'm not new here. Acceptable convention would suggest that possibly you might want to know who you are addressing before pulling out the "you're not a fan" card on another poster. You aren't supposed to guess squat but it would be nice if you tempered your comments with a bit of knowledge before going there.

And, BTW, so you learn a little bit more about me, I'm not 9 yrs old but more like 50. I attended UNL 1981-1985. I've been a fan since I was a little child growing up in Nebraska. I was not enamored with Solich the year before he was fired but I wasn't calling for his head either. I think, if he was going to be fired, it should have been done the year before he actually was canned. And yes, in hindsight, I wish it had not been done at all or at the very least that it had been handled much differently. But, I firmly believe the problem was not created by changing coaches but rather by interrupting all program continuity, trashing the walk-on program, and alienating former players and tradition. So, I do not fear coaching change in and of itself. Devaney to Osborne was not a problem. Osborne to Solich was not a problem. Callahan to Pelini was not a problem. The only real problem we've had therefore can be attributed more to what Callahan and Pederson did and allowed to happen and not to the HC change itself. I don't dislike Bo, I'm not a hater. I just see a bunch of evidence that suggests we could and should be doing better and also that Bo would fly the coop if presented the opportunity. If you think I'M a negative Nellie, I've got a list of people you've just got to meet.

I'll relax when you do. I'm not new here. Acceptable convention would suggest that possibly you might want to know who you are addressing before pulling out the "you're not a fan" card on another poster. You aren't supposed to guess squat but it would be nice if you tempered your comments with a bit of knowledge before going there.

And, BTW, so you learn a little bit more about me, I'm not 9 yrs old but more like 50. I attended UNL 1981-1985. I've been a fan since I was a little child growing up in Nebraska. I was not enamored with Solich the year before he was fired but I wasn't calling for his head either. I think, if he was going to be fired, it should have been done the year before he actually was canned. And yes, in hindsight, I wish it had not been done at all or at the very least that it had been handled much differently. But, I firmly believe the problem was not created by changing coaches but rather by interrupting all program continuity, trashing the walk-on program, and alienating former players and tradition. So, I do not fear coaching change in and of itself. Devaney to Osborne was not a problem. Osborne to Solich was not a problem. Callahan to Pelini was not a problem. The only real problem we've had therefore can be attributed more to what Callahan and Pederson did and allowed to happen and not to the HC change itself. I don't dislike Bo, I'm not a hater. I just see a bunch of evidence that suggests we could and should be doing better and also that Bo would fly the coop if presented the opportunity. If you think I'M a negative Nellie, I've got a list of people you've just got to meet.

I apologize. Sounds like we are very similar in many ways.

• Fire 1

TAKODA, your post that I responded to clearly sliced and diced and cherry picked stats to put the Huskers in a bad light. And you seemed almost gleeful in your accomplishment.

Be a man. Own it.

I always own what I say GBRedneck! I did nothing of the sort (slice, dice or cherry pick). I used the data that others supplied to support what should bother all Husker fans at some level. As for me appearing gleeful, not how I wanted it to come across and can assure you that the repair bills I have had to pay for going a little overboard when the Huskers fail at something is staggering and is anything but gleeful. We looked much better last week against Michigan and I hope it is just the start of good things for Husker football.

I apologize. Sounds like we are very similar in many ways.

No problem. I apologize also if I over reacted. I think what we all have to keep in mind is that the vast majority of posters here want what is best for the program. There may be some extreme opinions of how to achieve that but most peoples intentions are well placed.

And QMany- I think we all saw it coming from a mile away. I'm sorry if I contributed to derailing it further by explaining my position so others would better understand it but this is what it was destined for. :)

"Won Us?" ... really? Who thinks this is about "us" (the fans)?

Maybe you've heard this: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

As long as Bo keeps the walk-ons, runs a clean program, wins more than 8 games (most of the time), and (most importantly) has the team playing hard ... I'm happy to see him continue his tenure and improve as a coach.

I have read it since 1970 every time I go to my seats!

I expect more than the given requirements of running a clean program, keeping tradition alive with the walk-ons and playing hard. These things should always be there for any athlete that steps foot in UNL sports. If not, we are not recruiting the right kids, which falls back to coaches!

So you've read it since 1970 and still don't get it?

(If you are somehow involved in the recruiting process, my apologies!)

Maybe you've heard this: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

As long as Bo keeps the walk-ons, runs a clean program, wins more than 8 games (most of the time), and (most importantly) has the team playing hard ... I'm happy to see him continue his tenure and improve as a coach.

I expect more than the given requirements of running a clean program, keeping tradition alive with the walk-ons and playing hard. These things should always be there for any athlete that steps foot in UNL sports. If not, we are not recruiting the right kids, which falls back to coaches!

Congrats on being content, appears to be the prevalent theme these days!

Congrats on being content, appears to be the prevalent theme these days!

Thanks! I enjoy being content and having the opportunity to get to watch the games (not always possible where' I've been stationed). Life is too short to stake my existential relevance and overall happiness on how well my favorite college football team performs on Saturday.

I'll leave the recruiting and coaching to people much smarter than me (at least where football is concerned)!

I'll leave the complaining to the people who are smarter than everyone!