Walmart and Corporate Greed

Junior

What's most sad is that Sam Walton really was a fantastic man of a human being who was quite generous and others-minded.

I work with a lot of public companies. Walmart is over the top in their scum baginess.

If Sam Walton was such a great guy, then Walmart would not have the long running rep and behavior they have.

I see the dirty underbelly of many of the retail operations, and Walmart is certainly a leader in scum baginess. And by 'leader' I mean that many to most operations look at Walmart and use the line of reasoning "if they are doing it, it must be the right way, or at least OK" so they follow along. And sure, right now they are not the worst company out there, but they are still a steaming pile of crap. And them, and the whole 'Walmart-way' is a blight on the entire country

If Sam Walton was such a great guy, then Walmart would not have the long running rep and behavior they have.

It's my understanding that that reputation has only come about in the last two decades or so, attributed entirely to the actions and business of his children.

Of course I could definitely be wrong, since I wasn't really alive before then :P

It's my understanding that that reputation has only come about in the last two decades or so, attributed entirely to the actions and business of his children.

Of course I could definitely be wrong, since I wasn't really alive before then :P

True.

Wal-Mart is the largest welfare queen known to man. She has tax payers subsidize building construction, subsidize it's employees because she refuses to pay a livable wage, then bitch about corporate tax rates. It is theft to the tax payer and as a guy who voted Romney, this brand of welfare needs to end.