Nebraska at Penn State: Game Week Thoughts

admo

I don't have a good feeling about this game. My gut tells me we're going to be flat and they're going to cram it down our throat ala Minnesota. The good news is, my gut feelings have been terribly wrong lately, so we'll probably be ok.

I'll tell you one thing I don't expect is that part about being flat. If these kids understand what they are playing for today, there's no way in hell if they care about what they say they care about, that they come out flat. pride being number one. I also assume they know they are playing for their coaches, even if not for their coaches jobs, they are still playing to maybe quiet all the talk regardless.

One of my best friends used to live in State College and his wife worked for Penn State. Didn't go to any games and we were only there at the end of May, but I loved the town and could see how it would be a fun place to be during a game. I wish I had a picture on this computer, but we snuck up to the stadium at night and draped Husker gear all over the Paterno statue that used to be there and took a lot of pictures. I'm pretty sure there was alcohol involved! Good times...