Fan/player treatment at PSU

C N Red

A little off topic, but still relative to those who were at the game... Official listed attendance was over 98,000, but it looked to me like there were a lot of empty seats, especially in the upper deck. Hard to see on TV, but even the commentators made mention of O'Brien taking a timeout before the game winning kick in OT to give student body enough time to run from the other end of the stadium so they could stand behind the goal posts and create a distraction.

I don't know what capacity is at Beaver Stadium, but it would seem nearly impossible for a large group to quickly assemble in an entirely different part of the stadium, even if it was only half full. I realize the game had no real huge national implications, and it was cold, but did they even show up to start with?

i think capacity is up over 110K. Like 112k or something.

112k sounds like too much. The Big House just reaffirmed its capacity record as largest with 110k last year I think.

According to Lindys preseason mag PSU is just shy of 107k.

And Memorial is something like 86k capacity now, yet there are over 91k+ in attendance. So 112k is prolly full. 107k if "official" capacity.

http://www.gopsusports.com/facilities/beaver-stadium.html

Somewhere in the column it shows capacity at 106k or so, but it shows in the chart at bottom the attendance records as up around 110k or so.

Didnt the new seating get us to 90?

Not "officially". Official capacity was 81,000-some by official count before the expansion, and it's not 86-87,000-some officially, but attendance numbers include players, coaches, media, and some extra tickets etc.

Ok thAt makes sense. I think the MSU game we had 92k.

A little off topic, but still relative to those who were at the game... Official listed attendance was over 98,000, but it looked to me like there were a lot of empty seats, especially in the upper deck. Hard to see on TV, but even the commentators made mention of O'Brien taking a timeout before the game winning kick in OT to give student body enough time to run from the other end of the stadium so they could stand behind the goal posts and create a distraction.

I don't know what capacity is at Beaver Stadium, but it would seem nearly impossible for a large group to quickly assemble in an entirely different part of the stadium, even if it was only half full. I realize the game had no real huge national implications, and it was cold, but did they even show up to start with?

No way there were only 8k empty seats, they must announce it as tickets sold, here are some pics of the crowd I took because I was shocked it was so empty