Player: John Raridon
Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa
School: Valley
Position: Offensive Guard
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 271 lbs
40 time:
Offers: Nebraska
Visits: 11/2/14 vs. Northwestern; 11/29/13 vs. Iowa; Junior Day '14; 04/09/14 Spring Practice; BRW '14; 9/27/14 vs. Illinois; 1/24/15; 4/11/15 - Spring Game; 9/5/15 vs. BYU; 10/10/15 vs. Wisconsin

O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals: #156 Overall; #8 OG; :star :star :star :star
247: #19 OG; :star :star :star :star
Scout: #38 Overall; #2 OG; :star :star :star :star
ESPN: #117 Overall; #6 OG; :star :star :star :star

Highlights

• Upvote 2

Sorry, Raridon is actual a 2016 recruiting prospect. Unique last name. Scott Raridon was an OT during the 80's, and a part of the 83 Scoring Explosion. Could be a legacy offer.

Was a freshman when I was a senior in high school. His dad was a lineman here at Nebraska, His older brother is grey shirting at Wisconsin and his other older brother played at Notre Dame.

Was a freshman when I was a senior in high school. His dad was a lineman here at Nebraska, His older brother is grey shirting at Wisconsin and his other older brother played at Notre Dame.

Thanks for confirming my assumption about his dad. What's your take on him (if you knew him)?

Thanks for confirming my assumption about his dad. What's your take on him (if you knew him)?

I personally didn't know him well, he practiced with the varsity team during the playoffs as a freshman. We won state that year (sorry still living in the glory days ;) )

• Upvote 1

Josh Harvey@JoshHarveyScout 2h

A legacy prospect checked out #Nebraska practice yesterday http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1392736.html #Huskers

Anyone know what the "legacy" part is about?

Iowahuskers and I discussed this at the start of this thread. His dad, Scott Raridon, was an OT during the Scoring Explosion in the 80's.

What do you think our chances are with him?

Did we go after his two brothers?? Since his brother is at Wisconsin I wonder if they hold a lead?

We lead here. And I dont think we even offered his brother.

Did we go after his two brothers?? Since his brother is at Wisconsin I wonder if they hold a lead?

Yeah, but his dad was a Husker. #2016Legacy

Yeah, but his dad was a Husker. #2016Legacy

I hope this plays an important part...would be great to get a 5 star lineman!

I've been imagining the 2014 line recruits together now for awhile but the possibility of Raridon and Farniok together is just as exciting.

You could add Bryan Brokop to that group.

Visiting Stanford next week then will put recruiting on the "back burner" until the end of his season. Plans to commit this winter.

Attended Jr. Day and camp at Stanford but left without an offer. No other visits planned as of now but still plans to commit this winter.

Said he may start out at center for us. Also, he said we told him we're looking for two interior OL in this class so we may be good already.