One h-ll of a season

Dagerow

Say what you will about the coaches and players, but you got to admit this season was one wild ride. Even though we lost some games we would like to win, and had some players hurt when you wished their season had gone differently, it was one h-ll of a season. Lots of memories, and for me (and yes, I know I'm going to get sh-t for this next statement), it was lots of fun. I'm proud of our guys. They fought through adversity and injury, and played hard.

• Fire 1

There was a lot of things to like about this year, but there was just as much or even more bad things.

I really like the roster NU has. A lot of playmakers at pretty much every position. The OL will have to grow up real quick, along with CBs, but there is no position on the team that hasn't got significant playing time from either a Freshman or Sophomore.

Wait till next year is a word that can have many bad connotations and just involves waiting, but wait til next year.

We had a few moments to remember, for sure. The Hail Mary will live on forever. Dominating in Michigan (by far the most complete game we played all year). Winning in OT at Penn St.

But 2013 had been targeted by everyone since joining the B1G in 2011 as the year when we would probably re-enter the national conversation. We were going to have a senior QB with tons of experience, an offense that we thought would rival Ohio St, a coaching staff that had mostly been together for 5 years, and a schedule that we knew would be far weaker than what we faced our first two years in the B1G.

Whether it was bad coaching or bad luck, or a combination of both, it was fairly disappointing to me. Just had too long to target this year as "the one."

Instead of seeing a seasoned, gelled team tear up the league, we mostly saw a mediocre team playing tight games against bad competition.

The thing I took from this season is the guts this team showed. Can't express enough how much pride they seemed to show. I felt that towards the end of the game yesterday they were spent and I can't blame them.

Proud to be a Husker fan today, same as before.

The defense was damn sure night-and-day from where they started. Got some promising young talent.

We had a few moments to remember, for sure. The Hail Mary will live on forever. Dominating in Michigan (by far the most complete game we played all year). Winning in OT at Penn St.

But 2013 had been targeted by everyone since joining the B1G in 2011 as the year when we would probably re-enter the national conversation. We were going to have a senior QB with tons of experience, an offense that we thought would rival Ohio St, a coaching staff that had mostly been together for 5 years, and a schedule that we knew would be far weaker than what we faced our first two years in the B1G.

Whether it was bad coaching or bad luck, or a combination of both, it was fairly disappointing to me. Just had too long to target this year as "the one."

Instead of seeing a seasoned, gelled team tear up the league, we mostly saw a mediocre team playing tight games against bad competition.

This guy gets it. Sorry, sir, I'm out of +1s.