So Bo's staying. Now what?

papersun87

A friend sent me this. Probably the dumbest thing ever, but I laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7St6ATGnR4

Have you seen this one?

Oh ya, I remember that one. All time classic.

Seems to me that Taylor really made improvements to his passing technique ONLY AFTER he got outside coaching help. With the raw ability that kid showed us as a freshman, it is too bad we couldn't internally develop those abilities to reach his potential. It's a real shame.

Beck didnt exactly make it easy on him. It was amazing how night and day the offense looked when they said they "dumbed it down" for Tommy Armstrong. I thought......man its been four years, did you ever think about simplifying a bit for Taylor? Nope, he was obsessed with making Taylor look like Peyton Manning. It seems to be an issue throughout this staff. They keep trying to make kids fit their plans instead of making plans to fit their kids.

I'm wondering how many on this board have actually played or coached football higher than a HS level

What does that matter. Or was there a qualifying test I managed to slip by. The opinions expressed on this board are quite obviously made by mostly inexperienced and ignorant folks like myself. Get over it.....or get off of it.

A friend sent me this. Probably the dumbest thing ever, but I laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7St6ATGnR4

Have you seen this one?

Oh ya, I remember that one. All time classic.

Seems to me that Taylor really made improvements to his passing technique ONLY AFTER he got outside coaching help. With the raw ability that kid showed us as a freshman, it is too bad we couldn't internally develop those abilities to reach his potential. It's a real shame.

There's no room on the staff for a dedicated QB coach when we have so many spots tied up coaching the offensive line. In my opinion, Cotton should have been let go or moved into admin years ago so we could go out and hire the best possible QB coach. The lack of development we've seen at the position is in my opinion the result of not making it an area of emphasis.

I'm with SD in not really understanding what this information tells us. I don't recall anyone in this thread denying that bad teams can compete with and even beat good teams. Or that teams can have drastic turnarounds from one season to the next.

<snip>

you explained my thoughts much better than i ever could have. thank you.