2006 Foot ball

I had thought that with Glenn's weight (230) he would supplant Todd as fullback, because of his pass catching ability and route running out of the backfield. Just this week I read, in an interview with Glenn, that he had little interest in being a fullback. When Ross went to the sidelines, Lucky went in for him. That says to me that Glenn won't get much playing time with the current configuration. Using him only on short yardage situations seems a waste of talent.

glenn just might be motivated (with little playing time this year) to work harder in the off season and come in and make a statement at RB this spring.....Lucky I am not quite sure about.......i had hoped he would show more from the RB spot this year, even with as few touches as he got......anyone got the moxy to look up his number of touches for the year and his longest carry? thanks.....

hunter

Lucky had 43 carries for a net yardage of 129 yards. His longest carry was 11 yards and he played in all 12 games.

Glenn had 45 carries for net yardage of 131 yards. His longest carry was 10 yards and he played in 7 games. Also second on team in rushing touchdowns with 4....Ross had 5.

The stat I would LOVE to see is...the number of times that Glenn got a touchdown or firstdown on the 45 carries he got...I can think of only 5-7 times he didnt get it...which is VERY impressive when EVERYONE knows he is getting the ball.

Don't conclude that Lucky isn't doing the job, yet. Remember, Ross had some very poor yardage games in the middle of the season. The reason, up front blocking was poor. Lucky has to get down the techniques of blocking, particularly protection blocking, as Ross did so well. Once he gets into that phase of his game and with the line jelling, like it was against UM, he'll be terrific, I think.

Glenn had a good TD to carry ratio, becauwe he was a fine short yardage back (230 lbs) that they relied upon near the goal line. I believe that he could be a terrific FB for carries, blocking and routes for pass receiving. But, it looks like, the staff likes Todd as the starter.

if you ask me B-jax is going to be our starter if he's healthy. he looked more impressive as a freshman than Lucky. he looks lost and he doesnt look like he has the playbook mastered. these guys will be sophomores and B-jax is going to have 3 years in the system as a junior. If wilson comes he will be a factor in the competition. Glenn hasnt been able to show what he can do since he was only utilized in short yardage situations. Next year its going to be a battle for the starting job at all positions. im excited for spring ball.

if you ask me B-jax is going to be our starter if he's healthy.  he looked more impressive as a freshman than Lucky.  he looks lost and he doesnt look like he has the playbook mastered.  these guys will be sophomores and B-jax is going to have 3 years in the system as a junior.  If wilson comes he will be a factor in the competition.  Glenn hasnt been able to show what he can do since he was only utilized in short yardage situations.  Next year its going to be a battle for the starting job at all positions.  im excited for spring ball.

I tend to agree with this. I think Jackson was hurt for a lot of this year and never really got a chance to get going. He showed promise in his freshman year and I think he has great potential. However, I think that Lucky and Glenn (and possibly Kenny Wilson) will all get their chance to show what they can do. Our backfield is loaded with potential and I can't wait to see how this shakes out. B)

Glenn is the most talented back imo. He is a hard nosed football player who is not afraid to bust it up the gut with some authority. He doesn't dilly dally around looking for a big hole to run into. He finds the little crease, commits to it and gets it done. He has not had an opportunity to show what he can do in the open field because he ran mainly dive plays on short yardage, but he can get it done. And as far as Lucky coming in for Cory, Cody was not 100%. His ankle was rolled during Alamo Bowl practice.

Your take is a surprize, since the coaches all year have felt otherwise, regarding his role vis-a-vis Lucky's. I presume that will be settled very early next season. Maybe you're right in that I don't have an accurate picture of Lucky.

If I were to bet on it though, I'd say that Glenn will be persuaded to be a FB. In that role he'll get much more playing time and not just blocking! I see him also on short yardage situations with Todd blocking.

THESE ARE THE GUYS THAT WILL PLAY, MARK IT DOWN!!!

Offense - Skill positions

QB - Taylor, Beck

RB - Lucky, Wilson (if he commits), Glenn, B. Jackson

FB - Todd

X - Swift, Purify, Brooks

Z - Nunn, Jackson, Hardy, Mulkey

TE - Herian (Thank God!), Tomerlin?, Phillips, Mueller

Defense

WDE - Moore, Turner

SDE - Carriker, Potter

DTs - Dagundaro, Suh, Cryer, B. Johnson

WILL - Octavien, Ruud, Brandenburgh

MIKE - McKeon, Dillard

SDE - Bradley, Allen

CBs - Bowman, Grixby, Jones

SS- Shanle, Souder

FS - Palmer

NU should have a powerful offense next year if Lucky or Glenn or the JUCO kid runs well. IMHO that was why NU didn't do better (although it was mostly the Oline, but they will be vastly improved), no running game to speak of at times. Next year, I think NU could be a top 15 offense.

The Fresno Bee is reporting a possible matchup of NU-Fresno St...I would love that, even though FSU will probably be a bit down next year.

THESE ARE THE GUYS THAT WILL PLAY, MARK IT DOWN!!!

Offense - Skill positions

QB - Taylor, Beck

RB - Lucky, Wilson (if he commits), Glenn, B. Jackson

FB - Todd

X - Swift, Purify, Brooks

Z - Nunn, Jackson, Hardy, Mulkey

TE - Herian (Thank God!), Tomerlin?, Phillips, Mueller

Defense

WDE - Moore, Turner

SDE - Carriker, Potter

DTs - Dagundaro, Suh, Cryer, B. Johnson

WILL - Octavien, Ruud, Brandenburgh

MIKE - McKeon, Dillard

SDE - Bradley, Allen

CBs - Bowman, Grixby, Jones

SS- Shanle, Souder

FS - Palmer

What about Tierre Green? I mean, he has found the field in his first two years at two different positions, I think he will find a way to get in there at safety (if he does end up switching positions) and will certainly contribute. The kid has athletic ability, no matter what position he plays.