2006 Foot ball

Glenn is the most talented back imo. He is a hard nosed football player who is not afraid to bust it up the gut with some authority. He doesn't dilly dally around looking for a big hole to run into. He finds the little crease, commits to it and gets it done. He has not had an opportunity to show what he can do in the open field because he ran mainly dive plays on short yardage, but he can get it done. And as far as Lucky coming in for Cory, Cody was not 100%. His ankle was rolled during Alamo Bowl practice.

:yeah i agree, my money is on Cody, he is a lot like Ross, hard runner, breaks tackles......i say he will win the job this spring.........

hunter

I think the point was made earlier to not overlook Brandon Jackson, to which I agree, he has 2 years in the system, and will be healthy come spring ball. Lucky has obvious ability, it all comes down to him putting it all together. Not hesitating, picking up his blocking assignments, catching passes out of the backfield. That will determine his success. I envision Glenn as nearly the same thing Callahan used Zack Crockett as at Oakland. A short yardage/goal line rumbler. Gets the tough yards, but offers some flexibility as a runner/blocker/receiver. Between 2000 and 2003, Crockett had 28 TD's and only 538 yards rushing for all 4 seasons.

I'm not so sure Glenn is the more talented back, I think that one goes to Lucky. However, does anybody see a Lucky-Glenn combo similar to Bush-White? One has the speed and moves while the other is more of the physical bruiser type.

that has been my mind for awhile...didn't want to be bashed in saying that, so I didn't post it lol...because we all know those 2 are on a whole different level than lucky/glenn...but they are young and have the potential to be just like them IMO...I was wanting to see glenn in the open field some this year and see him knock someones head off but that never happen...also wanted to see lucky break a 20 or more yard run this year...hopefully we see a mixture of these guys dominating the field together next year.

Watching the Rose Bowl and they just said they had the inside and outside runners in Bush and White...

I feel it coming in Glenn and Lucky...Because Bush does alot more than just play RB...like Lucky....White is primarily a RB like Glenn but also has hands to recieve. Its going to be fun next year...

Glenn is a back who is too good to just be used in short yardage and goal line...I hope he is not wasted in doing that to him.

Glenn and Marlon will be on the field most of the time next season in my opinion just like USC does with White and Lendale. What USC and NU run are identical but with different formations (instead of 5 WR's, sometimes USC has 3 WR's amd 2 RB's in at the same time or a RB lined up in the WR slot...etc).

With the amount of talent we return next year on offense and defense, the only true positions right now that seem to worry me is the DB's. QB, WR, LB, DT, TE don't have me worried. OL i am sure will be better and RB play should be more improved with more passing threats to open up the running game.