Has anyone heard of other teams showing interest in Beck as a HC?

Mavric - I disagree that we've had sub-par talent on offense the past 2 seasons. I believe the main problem has been an inconsistent quarterback who turned the ball over a lot, who was our only option until he was finally too hurt to play & an offensive coordinator who tends to outsmart himself when things are going good or just goes away from what is working; and usually goes into panic mode when things go bad causing the game to get even worse for us. An example of Tim Beck going into panic mode is the 2012 B1G CCG. Beck went into panic mode when we were down 14-28 early; completely abandoned the running game which resulted in quick 3 & outs & putting our defense right back on the field. I honestly believe the final score would not have been nearly as bad had we tried to slow the game down early by establishing our running game.

What I would like to see out of our offense is #1 an identity (I'm so ****ing tired of being 'multiple'); #2 being a mean, nasty, physical team on offense & throw out the finesse crap; #3 some sort of method to the madness behind the playcalling (i.e. lets not abandon the running game when its the only thing that's working - Minnesota game; & lets not attempt a pass on 3rd down in OT when we're in position to make an easy game winning field goal).

I have lost faith in Tim Beck's ability accomplish the above.

Its just time to get back to basic football. Look at the top teams this year. Bama, Auburn, Florida St, Standford, Ohio St., Michigan St. They do what they do. Out of that bunch, I would maybe call Ohio St the most gimmicky type of offense. They do a lot of funny formationing to get unpredictability, but obviously the Miller/Hyde combo is what makes them hum. But the other teams line up in more conventional type sets and just execute football. Auburn seems to be a bit gimmicky as well, but that's mostly because of their tempo. When the put the foot down, they become really difficult to deal with, but their actual plays are pretty basic. They ran right at Bama all day with stuff that just wasnt that fancy. I really believe that this era of the spreads and gimmick offenses is starting to trend downward. Theyre getting figured out. Even Oregon was getting handled towards the end of the year.

Mavric - I disagree that we've had sub-par talent on offense the past 2 seasons. I believe the main problem has been an inconsistent quarterback who turned the ball over a lot, who was our only option until he was finally too hurt to play & an offensive coordinator who tends to outsmart himself when things are going good or just goes away from what is working; and usually goes into panic mode when things go bad causing the game to get even worse for us. An example of Tim Beck going into panic mode is the 2012 B1G CCG. Beck went into panic mode when we were down 14-28 early; completely abandoned the running game which resulted in quick 3 & outs & putting our defense right back on the field. I honestly believe the final score would not have been nearly as bad had we tried to slow the game down early by establishing our running game.

The comment about our sub-par players was a tongue-in-cheek jab at all the complaining about how this staff can't recruit. I find it humorous how many complain about how the staff can't recruit, doesn't put enough effort into recruiting, we only get the leftover, three-star players, our strength and conditioning is terrible, our defensive scheme is terrible, our OC is terrible at play calling, we're always losing to teams we shouldn't and not beating the best teams. But despite all that, we've been one of the most constantly good teams over the last six years, both in terms of number of wins and statistics. It's just simply not possible for all that to be true. But many seem to think it is. We're one of a handful to have won nine games the previous five years. We've been in the Top 10 in several major defensive and offensive categories each of the previous four years. Yet many think we are "mediocre" bash on the players and want the coaches fired. Then we wonder why the team might have a little to much "us against the world" personality.

Seems to me as if a little perspective is in order. We were #19 in rushing yards per game this year - #11 among BCS conference schools. Of the 10 schools ahead of us, only six averaged more passing yards per game - Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oregon, Baylor, Washington, and Missouri. None of those teams had nearly the quarterback injury issues we had and I'm pretty sure none had worse injury issues on the OLine.

Last year we were #3 among BCS schools in rushing and only Oregon had more passing yards. And all that is with the sub-par players we've recruited over the last several years. I'd say some need to have more realistic expectations but those numbers are far beyond what many seem to think we've accomplished lately.

Maybe Tommy Armstrong is the guy that makes it all "look" better next year. The numbers are hard to argue with although the schedule was favorable this season. Still, I never felt, just watching the games, like we looked like a very good offense. I never felt good about the llacalling all year. What do I know. I guess all is well according to the numbers.

Seems to me as if a little perspective is in order. We were #19 in rushing yards per game this year - #11 among BCS conference schools. Of the 10 schools ahead of us, only six averaged more passing yards per game - Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oregon, Baylor, Washington, and Missouri. None of those teams had nearly the quarterback injury issues we had and I'm pretty sure none had worse injury issues on the OLine.

Last year we were #3 among BCS schools in rushing and only Oregon had more passing yards. And all that is with the sub-par players we've recruited over the last several years. I'd say some need to have more realistic expectations but those numbers are far beyond what many seem to think we've accomplished lately.

Maybe Tommy Armstrong is the guy that makes it all "look" better next year. The numbers are hard to argue with although the schedule was favorable this season. Still, I never felt, just watching the games, like we looked like a very good offense. I never felt good about the llacalling all year. What do I know. I guess all is well according to the numbers.

Doesn't mean all is well. But we're not nearly as bad as many like to think. A lot of people don't realize that the things that happen to us happen all over the place. We just notice ours more because we're watching closer.