Alamo Bowl #1!

“The record viewership is attributed to the fan following of these two storied football programs and the competitiveness of the game which is sure to be an instant classic,” said Derrick Fox, President/CEO of the MasterCard Alamo Bowl.

Nice classy quote...What would one expect when you have such a GREAT matchup between two storied programs? I know that some wanted to play Iowa in a bowl this year (because they thought it was more of a winable game for us). But, I was pleased as punch that we got the Michigan matchup. The game was/is a classic, and deserves the prestige of having the record viewership for ESPN collegiate football broadcast!!

The ALamo Bowl has been great for Nebraska and NEBRASKA HAS BEEN GREAT FOR THE ALAMO BOWL!!

Help recruiting.... im not so sure about that, Freeman or whoever, that QB, took back his commit to Nebraska after the bowl game I believe, hes commited to Gay-State now

Uhmmm... no dude, he did that long before the bowl game. And he's committed to Kansas State.

Help recruiting.... im not so sure about that, Freeman or whoever, that QB, took back his commit to Nebraska after the bowl game I believe, hes commited to Gay-State now

Nah, that happened weeks before the bowl. It's helped a lot. Niles Paul committed because he was extremely excited after the bowl win. From what I've heard, Ricky Thenarse had pretty much eliminated Nebraska until the bowl game, and they jumped back into things and are in front to land him (if he qualifies). We can ride a huge win through the off-season and into next. I think, with the addition of Paul so soon, next year's recruiting class will make another run for #1, and probably be Callahan's best yet (less JUCOs).