Nebraska old school run game

C N Red

Its not exact, but Auburns offensive game plan is so reminicent of ours in the 90s. It looks spread but actually a power run game out of about only 3-4 different looks. Its a "stop us if you can" run gsme. So simple yet so efficient if your oline can block power.

Its so simple and so effective b/c of great line play. Crazy thing is, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc olineman can block it b/c its simple line play and injuries dont hurt so much. Malzahn is a genius!!! College coaches overthink way too much!!

• Fire 1

Its not exact, but Auburns offensive game plan is so reminicent of ours in the 90s. It looks spread but actually a power run game out of about only 3-4 different looks. Its a "stop us if you can" run gsme. So simple yet so efficient if your oline can block power.

Its so simple and so effective b/c of great line play. Crazy thing is, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc olineman can block it b/c its simple line play and injuries dont hurt so much. Malzahn is a genius!!! College coaches overthink way too much!!

Talking about their O and said it was the same Gus ran in HS. The Delaware wing T IIRC.

It is reminiscent of our O in the glory days. Pulling, punishing OL with play action passing to keep the D from crowding the box. This O would be perfect in the unpredictable weather of the B1G. Run it down their throat.

Here is an interesting web site dedicated to the wing T

http://www.bucksweep.com/

Hes figured out how to maintain ball control and a physical offense, yet use a hurry up offense when needed....The broadcsters said Auburn uses 3 plays 80% of the time...absolutely amazing. Malzahn's offense is the modern day version of the Mid 90's Nebraska offense.

Agreed. Multiplicity from formations, but not in plays. TO ran a few (limited) plays incredibly well, almost to perfection from multiple formations and motions. Sadly, year 3 with beck and I (IMO him) still have no idea what we want to be. We are multiple in that we make multiple mistakes with too many plays in the book.

Hes figured out how to maintain ball control and a physical offense, yet use a hurry up offense when needed....The broadcsters said Auburn uses 3 plays 80% of the time...absolutely amazing. Malzahn's offense is the modern day version of the Mid 90's Nebraska offense.

Agreed. Multiplicity from formations, but not in plays. TO ran a few (limited) plays incredibly well, almost to perfection from multiple formations and motions. Sadly, year 3 with beck and I (IMO him) still have no idea what we want to be. We are multiple in that we make multiple mistakes with too many plays in the book.

We have the QB's to run a similar offense...Not quite as athletic as Auburns but still effective. I sure hope our offensive staff has been watching the Auburn film. Abdullah would thrive in a similar system if he stays conditioned and healthy...Much like Auburns does.

I would absolutely love for Nebraska to run Auburn's type of offense. I think we have the athletes to be able to run it. We would have Ameer as our primary RB with Turner, Newby, Moore, etc. to be our jet sweep players. Not sure if we have to linemen to run it. I think it would be very effective in the BIG because we could pound it but also utilize our speed against these types of defenses.

I would absolutely love for Nebraska to run Auburn's type of offense. I think we have the athletes to be able to run it. We would have Ameer as our primary RB with Turner, Newby, Moore, etc. to be our jet sweep players. Not sure if we have to linemen to run it. I think it would be very effective in the BIG because we could pound it but also utilize our speed against these types of defenses.

I don't think the type of offense matters. We just need to hold onto the ball ... take care of that thing ... both on the ground ... and in the air. Then, we will be fine.

• Fire 1

I wish we ran this offense at Nebraska. TA would be unstoppable in that offense.

Doesn't matter which offense you run if you have the fumbles and INTs that Tommy did this season.

Nope it certainly doesn't. Glad he's just a freshman and has time to get better. If he was a Junior or Senior still making the same stupid mistakes, then I would be concerned.

I wish we ran this offense at Nebraska. TA would be unstoppable in that offense.

Doesn't matter which offense you run if you have the fumbles and INTs that Tommy did this season.

Nope it certainly doesn't. Glad he's just a freshman and has time to get better. If he was a Junior or Senior still making the same stupid mistakes, then I would be concerned.

No way a kid who continued to have those issues 3-4 years in the system would still be starting.......................... :sarcasm