What if...

For some reason he makes my skin crawl. He seems fake, disingenuous, like a politician kissing babies or a used car salesman. He is a smooth operator in front of the Media that really gets him far. I guess I don't like it, probably because I myself am not a smooth operator.

I think he is a great coach when he has the right players for his system. Tebow and Miller were/are perfect players for his system. He didn't look as good without Tebow and we will see what happens without Miller.

When he has that special QB that just has it his team look great, but so does every other HC. A special QB be it Manziel, Tebow, Hundley, Frazier, Newton, Meriota, etc. cures a lot of ills. Lets see how his team looks when Miller is gone.

For some reason he makes my skin crawl. He seems fake, disingenuous, like a politician kissing babies or a used car salesman. He is a smooth operator in front of the Media that really gets him far. I guess I don't like it, probably because I myself am not a smooth operator.

I think he is a great coach when he has the right players for his system. Tebow and Miller were/are perfect players for his system. He didn't look as good without Tebow and we will see what happens without Miller.

When he has that special QB that just has it his team look great, but so does every other HC. A special QB be it Manziel, Tebow, Hundley, Frazier, Newton, Meriota, etc. cures a lot of ills. Lets see how his team looks when Miller is gone.

He went undefeated with Alex Smith at Utah, did very will with Josh Harris at BG, and won a NC with Chris Leak. By all accounts the coaching staff is really high on RS freshman J.T. Barrett (top dual threat QB in his class) and he should push for the starting position once Miller leaves.

He went undefeated with Alex Smith at Utah, did very will with Josh Harris at BG, and won a NC with Chris Leak. By all accounts the coaching staff is really high on RS freshman J.T. Barrett (top dual threat QB in his class) and he should push for the starting position once Miller leaves.

Sounds great, he still seems fake like a politician to me. I am not saying he can't coach or recruit. I am just telling you how I feel about him. Tim Tebow was a big part of that championship season with Leak. A

Sounds great, he still seems fake like a politician to me. I am not saying he can't coach or recruit. I am just telling you how I feel about him. Tim Tebow was a big part of that championship season with Leak. A

True but Harvin was more important that year (Tebow only threw the ball 33 times and rushed for 89 times.

To be honest, I don't think there is a coach at the D1 level that I would care to have either of my sons play for. They all will tell you what you want to hear.

If he won games he probably would be liked. But for me, and maybe others too, the reason I dislike him has nothing to do with where he coaches.

So what is it then?

What Bucky said summed it up pretty nicely. If he were the coach here, I would support him because he is the head coach of Nebraska. That wouldn't make me like him on a personal level though. So basically, I (personally) would like the success he would most likely bring but not him (personally). I felt the same way about Tressel when people said he should be the next coach.

Edit- And me disliking him has nothing to do with tOSU. I disliked him when he was at Florida.

But I want to know what makes you not like him. People say sleazy but the only thing I can recall that was remotely an NCAA violation, he kicked the player off the team (Cam Newton). Just asking what it is specifically.

Meyer told Justin Tratou to lie to Notre Dame about still being committed. So no replacement could be found. I don't want that slimeball on campus regardless of titles.

If he won games he probably would be liked. But for me, and maybe others too, the reason I dislike him has nothing to do with where he coaches.

So what is it then?

What Bucky said summed it up pretty nicely. If he were the coach here, I would support him because he is the head coach of Nebraska. That wouldn't make me like him on a personal level though. So basically, I (personally) would like the success he would most likely bring but not him (personally). I felt the same way about Tressel when people said he should be the next coach.

Edit- And me disliking him has nothing to do with tOSU. I disliked him when he was at Florida.

But I want to know what makes you not like him. People say sleazy but the only thing I can recall that was remotely an NCAA violation, he kicked the player off the team (Cam Newton). Just asking what it is specifically.

Meyer told Justin Tratou to lie to Notre Dame about still being committed. So no replacement could be found. I don't want that slimeball on campus regardless of titles.

Guess you didn't want Tom Lemming and Brian Kelly on your staff either? I'm not going to deny there were underhanded recruiting tactics, but all schools do it.

So what is it then?

Or maybe he saw through Charlie Weis and his coaching ability?

Even that tacky article couldn't ID a real lie, much less BK instructing a player to lie.

Please, I would just stop if I were you. I liked BK as a coach since he was at Cincinnati but he isn't close to being perfect.

I'll gladly stop if the ridiculous analogies stop. It's like saying Lane Kiffin is just like Nick Saban because they both have championship rings.