Fat man, small person

@ Junior - The Salon article is from July 2013, TheHill.com article was in June.

On Sept 17 2013, the oversight committee released this "interm update" - indicating the investigation is ongoing.

http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2013-09-17-Interim-update-on-IRS-Investigation-of-tax-exempt-applicants.pdf

and summarized here :

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/18/Issa-s-Staff-Issues-an-Update-on-the-IRS-Investigation

(I tried to find a Salon.com article covering the update, but alas..none could be found.)

--

I don't want to hijack this thread with IRS stuff, but the investigation is still ongoing - despite conclusions drawn by the authors of those articles and the contempt some have for Issa.

--

...back to the fat guy from Jersey!

@ Junior - The Salon article is from July 2013, TheHill.com article was in June.

On Sept 17 2013, the oversight committee released this "interm update" - indicating the investigation is ongoing.

http://oversight.hou...-applicants.pdf

and summarized here :

http://www.breitbart...S-Investigation

(I tried to find a Salon.com article covering the update, but alas..none could be found.)

--

I don't want to hijack this thread with IRS stuff, but the investigation is still ongoing - despite conclusions drawn by the authors of those articles and the contempt some have for Issa.

--

...back to the fat guy from Jersey!

Of course the investigation goes on. The House Oversight Committee is chaired by Issa. That the investigation is still labeled as ongoing is not a shock. The Benghazi investigation still goes on as well. Issa and his cohorts will continue to waste time looking for scandals to pin on Obama in a blatant effort to score points with the Tea Party base, while ignoring real work that needs to be done.

• Fire 1

Of course the investigation goes on. The House Oversight Committee is chaired by Issa. That the investigation is still labeled as ongoing is not a shock. The Benghazi investigation still goes on as well. Issa and his cohorts will continue to waste time looking for scandals to pin on Obama in a blatant effort to score points with the Tea Party base, while ignoring real work that needs to be done.

I'm glad we could agree :)

Regardless if the Issa investigations are politically motivated or not, both instances you mention (IRS/Tea Party & Benghazi) were significant events that happened within our government. I'm glad we have a system - as dysfunctional and incompetent it might be - that allows for the ruling party/government to be investigated, instead of these sorts of things finding conclusion in the "state media" well before a complete investigation can be completed - and then swiftly dismissed and swept under the rug.

Democracies are terribly weighed down by these processes - these checks and balances , and do certainly waste time/money compared to alternative solutions employed by totalitarian regimes - but that's money well spent IMO.

• Fire 1

Regardless if the Issa investigations are politically motivated or not, both instances you mention (IRS/Tea Party & Benghazi) were significant events that happened within our government. I'm glad we have a system - as dysfunctional and incompetent it might be - that allows for the ruling party/government to be investigated, instead of these sorts of things finding conclusion in the "state media" well before a complete investigation can be completed - and then swiftly dismissed and swept under the rug.

I agree that it's good that these things are investigated but I wish that Issa was a bit more concerned with facts and accuracy than he is with spinning half-truths to the media.

His M.O. is quite clear to anyone who pays attention. Make exaggerated promises to the public and media about some giant shocking revelation and then release a heavily redacted and undeniably misleading summary . . . and then hope that the truth . . . if it comes out at all . . . doesn't overshadow the BS that he peddled.

• Fire 2

I'm gonna completely f*ck this thread up, but this is bullsh*t...

The secondary roads in Fort Lee NJ, would not be affected adversely by a back up at the George Washington Bridge. There are 3 main roads that lead to the bridge, the 80/95 Local and Express lanes, Rt 46 and Rt 4. The 80/95 local and express approaches are the major cause for the back ups into the bridge, and there are only exits from 80/95 to Fort Lee, so if you're trying to cross the bridge, it's not going to affect Ft Lee. Rt 4 doesn't even affect Ft Lee. Route 46 is the only route that is affected by a back up from the bridge and there are many ways to get in and out of Ft Lee. The only way Rt 46 would be backed up, even remotely affecting Fort Lee is if there was an incident on the bridge, be it construction or an accident.

So, this leads to two conclusions. The story is bullsh#t, or the staffers are so stupid that they think man maid delays at the George Washington Bridge would affect Fort Lee....

The secondary roads in Fort Lee NJ, would not be affected adversely by a back up at the George Washington Bridge. There are 3 main roads that lead to the bridge, the 80/95 Local and Express lanes, Rt 46 and Rt 4. The 80/95 local and express approaches are the major cause for the back ups into the bridge, and there are only exits from 80/95 to Fort Lee, so if you're trying to cross the bridge, it's not going to affect Ft Lee. Rt 4 doesn't even affect Ft Lee. Route 46 is the only route that is affected by a back up from the bridge and there are many ways to get in and out of Ft Lee. The only way Rt 46 would be backed up, even remotely affecting Fort Lee is if there was an incident on the bridge, be it construction or an accident.

So, this leads to two conclusions. The story is bullsh#t, or the staffers are so stupid that they think man maid delays at the George Washington Bridge would affect Fort Lee....

Stop if for actually thinking logically about this.

Stop if for actually thinking logically about this.

Sorry, I work for a company called "Total Traffic". We provide traffic info for the NYC area. If any of the media, who we provide traffic for, would actually interview us, we'd tell him that the whole thing is pretty far fetched.

Well, I haven't commented on this because it has an entire..."Benghazi" feel to it. Any time I see Wasserman Schulze on TV with her faux "outrage", my radar starts going up.

Sure....if the Governor or his staff shut down lanes to punish the mayor, that's petty and wrong. Anything more than that, I will wait to see what comes of this.

The only way they can shut down lanes is for what would be termed as "emergency construction". And the only thing that would warrant "emergency construction" is a hole in the bridge deck, or a bad expansion joint. And for them to shut down lanes for that, they'd have to physically do something to the bridge, which somebody would notice because even at the slowest of times, there are dozens of people traveling across the bridge.