Fat man, small person

I'm gonna completely f*ck this thread up, but this is bullsh*t...

The secondary roads in Fort Lee NJ, would not be affected adversely by a back up at the George Washington Bridge. There are 3 main roads that lead to the bridge, the 80/95 Local and Express lanes, Rt 46 and Rt 4. The 80/95 local and express approaches are the major cause for the back ups into the bridge, and there are only exits from 80/95 to Fort Lee, so if you're trying to cross the bridge, it's not going to affect Ft Lee. Rt 4 doesn't even affect Ft Lee. Route 46 is the only route that is affected by a back up from the bridge and there are many ways to get in and out of Ft Lee. The only way Rt 46 would be backed up, even remotely affecting Fort Lee is if there was an incident on the bridge, be it construction or an accident.

So, this leads to two conclusions. The story is bullsh#t, or the staffers are so stupid that they think man maid delays at the George Washington Bridge would affect Fort Lee....

I don't know if what you are saying is true or not. I know nothing about the George Washington Bridge. But if they have emails that indicate an intentional shutting down of traffic lanes to punish some mayor, that's just incredibly petty. So, while you say it wouldn't impact that town, the emails seem to suggest that this was their intention regardless. And if it didn't even have an impact on the town, then it's incredibly stupid as well.

I don't think it's a major scandal, by any means, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

• Fire 1

The secondary roads in Fort Lee NJ, would not be affected adversely by a back up at the George Washington Bridge. There are 3 main roads that lead to the bridge, the 80/95 Local and Express lanes, Rt 46 and Rt 4. The 80/95 local and express approaches are the major cause for the back ups into the bridge, and there are only exits from 80/95 to Fort Lee, so if you're trying to cross the bridge, it's not going to affect Ft Lee. Rt 4 doesn't even affect Ft Lee. Route 46 is the only route that is affected by a back up from the bridge and there are many ways to get in and out of Ft Lee. The only way Rt 46 would be backed up, even remotely affecting Fort Lee is if there was an incident on the bridge, be it construction or an accident.

So, this leads to two conclusions. The story is bullsh#t, or the staffers are so stupid that they think man maid delays at the George Washington Bridge would affect Fort Lee....

I don't know if what you are saying is true or not. I know nothing about the George Washington Bridge. But if they have emails that indicate an intentional shutting down of traffic lanes to punish some mayor, that's just incredibly petty. So, while you say it wouldn't impact that town, the emails seem to suggest that this was their intention regardless. And if it didn't even have an impact on the town, then it's incredibly stupid as well.

I don't think it's a major scandal, by any means, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

I would agree with you, Junior. I can appreciate Walksalone's breakdown of how it is probably not physically possible to do what was said to have happened. But that didn't stop Christie's aids from emailing each other and trying to do something to the Mayor.

I think that behavior is worth discussing.

What I'm saying is true. I spend several hours each night looking at that stupid f*cking bridge. I can tell you the hours they set up the construction, how long it goes, what approaches will be affected by the construction, how long the delays are in minutes by where the traffic is approaching the bridge..

I'm not saying they didn't send the emails, but what I'm saying is that logistically, for them to close lanes on that bridge is virtually impossible without them physically sabotaging the bridge.

What I'm saying is true. I spend several hours each night looking at that stupid f*cking bridge. I can tell you the hours they set up the construction, how long it goes, what approaches will be affected by the construction, how long the delays are in minutes by where the traffic is approaching the bridge..

I'm not saying they didn't send the emails, but what I'm saying is that logistically, for them to close lanes on that bridge is virtually impossible without them physically sabotaging the bridge.

And, you are saying there are more ways into that city than just this bridge.

And, you are saying there are more ways into that city than just this bridge.

Yes, there are the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels which are the main approaches from northern NJ. But since 9/11 there is a tractor trailer ban at the Holland and Lincoln tunnel and they can only use the upper level of the Geo Wash Bridge, which is the main artery to Connecticut, unless you want to go north around the city to the Tappan Zee bridge which is an hour out of the way. The Bayonne, Outerbridge, and Goethals bridges are the bridges into Staten Island, then the Verrazano Bridge takes you into Brooklyn.

If they really wanted to suss this out, find out when the times of the "man made traffic jams" were. Subpoena a traffic organization that has the data of traffic incidents stored in its system (like the folks I work for), and see if the supposed closures match what information was in the system. If there's proof of some sort of "emergency maintenance" going on when they ordered the "traffic jams", then you might have something, otherwise, you've got nothing...

Oh I believe you. I just mean you could be telling me the George Washington Bridge is pink and I'd believe you too... that's how little I know about it.

An update:

http://www.cnn.com/2...hristie-bridge/

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Thursday apologized for the conduct of certain aides in orchestrating traffic jams near the George Washington Bridge to apparently punish a local mayor, saying he was stunned by their actions and had no knowledge of what they were up to.

Christie said he was "embarrassed and humiliated" by the conduct of "some people on my team" and fired a senior aide at the center of the unfolding scandal that political commentators suggest could mean bigger problems for the potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016.

"I am stunned by the abject stupidity that was shown here regardless of what the facts ultimately uncover. This was handled in a callous and indifferent way," he told a news conference.

I actually tend to believe him when he says he didn't know, because this really was just colossal stupidity at work.

And here's the more serious side of the issue:

Fort Lee officials said that an elderly woman who suffered a heart attack died after paramedics were delayed in reaching her because of traffic problems. Details of the woman's death haven't been released, but Lesniak suggested Thursday that the issue should be part of the investigation.

Impossible to say she would have lived under normal traffic conditions, but still... that's really not good.

Oh I believe you. I just mean you could be telling me the George Washington Bridge is pink and I'd believe you too... that's how little I know about it.

An update:

http://www.cnn.com/2...hristie-bridge/

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Thursday apologized for the conduct of certain aides in orchestrating traffic jams near the George Washington Bridge to apparently punish a local mayor, saying he was stunned by their actions and had no knowledge of what they were up to.

Christie said he was "embarrassed and humiliated" by the conduct of "some people on my team" and fired a senior aide at the center of the unfolding scandal that political commentators suggest could mean bigger problems for the potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016.

"I am stunned by the abject stupidity that was shown here regardless of what the facts ultimately uncover. This was handled in a callous and indifferent way," he told a news conference.

I actually tend to believe him when he says he didn't know, because this really was just colossal stupidity at work.

I think the man made traffic jams are complete BS, and Governor Mangino has complete morons working for him...

• Fire 1

Fort Lee officials said that an elderly woman who suffered a heart attack died after paramedics were delayed in reaching her because of traffic problems. Details of the woman's death haven't been released, but Lesniak suggested Thursday that the issue should be part of the investigation.

Impossible to say she would have lived under normal traffic conditions, but still... that's really not good.

Forgive me for being an incentive ass but with this story, it's just going to happen.

Like you said, there is no way to know if she would have lived or died with normal traffic. There wasn't ANY paramedics on the other side of the bridge that could have responded?

This is the part that seems like where the other side is playing politics.