Out of the Blue

Greetings again Huskers ! Hope you all had a happy Holiday.

My look on a few games _ PSU vs FSU and Texas vs USC ) I thought these 2 bowls were by far the best.

Not taking anything away from Nebraska, I thought that the games played with much more intensity were in the Orange and Rose Bowl rather than in the Alamo Bowl.

I just sensed a more charged atmosphere in those two games.

Does anybody else notice that or am I just pouting still :lame

Any thoughts ?

Cheers :cheers

Michigan Project

That Orange Bowl was unwatchable as far as I'm concerned. Neither offense could do a thing and I really felt sorry for those kickers. I didn't see as much intensity as I saw desperation.

And there was a more charged atmosphere in the title game? I'd never expect that seeing as how it was the no. 1 and 2 teams in the country with 3-4 of the best athletes in the country in one of the most hyped games I've ever seen. Also turned out to be a great game. Can't argue there, I'd never expect the damn Alamo bowl to be as intense as the National Championship.

I'm not sure where the Alamo Bowl would fit in, it was a really fun game to watch, especially for a NU fan. I'd have to put it in the top 5 probably, mostly b/c of the stature of the programs and the way the 2 halves ended.

Number 1 would have to be the Rose Bowl, I'd put the Sugar Bowl at 2. That game was crazy fun to watch. Super intense and entertaining the whole time. While the Orange Bowl went to 3OT and I'm a huge fan of defensive football, I'd say with the "comedy of errors" at the end it dropped a bit IMO.

Hey, IMO, this was one of the best bowl season's ever..... So many great and close games. Hell, many big games went right to the wire.

1. Rose bowl = no doubt the best 2 teams in NCAA. great game

2. Alamo Bowl = great game... and because I am a Husker and respect UM

3. Orange = I respect Bowden and Paterno.....felt sorry for kickers

4. Fiesta = hate both teams, but OSU-ND put on a show

5. Outback = came down to onside kick.... hate Hawks, so gald they got screwed

A number of other games went to the final series..... Alabama-TT, Oregon-OU, ISU-TCU, VT-Louisville, hell, even the Central Florida-Nevada game in OT was fun.

This bowl season probably won't be topped....until of course NU wins the whold enchilada !!!! :restore2 AGAIN :restore2

1) Rose Bowl- Intense to the end and good play.

2) Alamo Bowl- Very intense because the underdog rose to the occasion coming from behind against the NFL players.

3) Fiesta Bowl- I attended grad school there when Woody Hayes (never could stand him) took them to play OJ in the Rose Bowl. (Days of Kent State disaster!) Great contest for 3 qtrs.

1. Rose bowl = no doubt the best 2 teams in NCAA. great game

2. Alamo Bowl = great game... and because I am a Husker and respect UM

3. Orange = I respect Bowden and Paterno.....felt sorry for kickers

4. Fiesta = hate both teams, but OSU-ND put on a show

5. Outback = came down to onside kick.... hate Hawks, so gald they got screwed

I agree with your list. Victors Valiant IMO your always welcome here. You are pure class. Dont be a stranger.

***SNIP***

3) Fiesta Bowl- I attended grad school there when Woody Hayes (never could stand him) took them to play OJ in the Rose Bowl. (Days of Kent State disaster!) Great contest for 3 qtrs.

That reminds me of a great Lou Holtz line. Seems Ohio State was playing USC, and O.J. Simpson broke one for an 80-yard score. Hayes started throttling Holtz, who was the defensive backs coach, and demand to know why Holtz' defensive backs allowed Simpson to run 80 yards for the score. Holtz' reply?

"Coach, 80 yards was all he needed!"

Somehow, Holtz lived...

Hardest Bowl to Say

ev1.net Houston Bowl

Most satisfying Bowl

Outback Bowl - I hate Iowa

Most Surprising Bowl

Alamo Bowl

Biggest Bowl Dissapointment

Chic-fil-A Peach Bowl

Most Entertaining

The Rose Bowl Game Presented by CITI

Don't know Who to Cheer For Bowl

FedEx Orange Bowl

When I was at OSU the talk was that the pro scouts better not come around the practice field. Supposedly, a couple did and Woody literally chased them on foot out of the stadium. They ran from him! I was a the practice field one day and listened and watched woody work with his players. He was mean and demeaning to them. When he did his weekly TV show he was the same way. But, his players were still loyal.

Unfortunately, the rivalry with UM was much worse than NU's with CU. Cars and store fronts around the campus were trashed the night before the game. If you went to a bar with one of the teams's (either one) sport's shirts you were at big risk!