When 9 wins a year isn't the whole story.

NUpolo8

I'd take Auburn's results, are you kidding me? Sure, they stumbled a few times, but what they also did was get rid of their coach and they have a promising one now. And what's the difference between a disappointing second-rate 8-5 finish and a 10-4 letdown? Really not a whole lot. A 10-win season without a CCG is nice in that it shows promise for the future, but six straight 4-loss seasons smacks of a program in stasis.

I wouldn't take their results because fans would have run the coach out of town

what? they did run their coach out of town. and they got a better one.

what? they did run their coach out of town. and they got a better one.

Yeah we ran Solich out of town and got a better...um...recruiter...and then the dumpster fire started. You can't change coaches like you change clothes.

were they wrong to get rid of their coach? what is your point?

• Fire 1

By devnet's logic, Callahan should still be the coach. You can't change coaches like you change clothes.

Speaking of which, it's been 6 years since I changed. I think I need to wash these jeans.

i am still confused. he seemed to say he did not want to be like auburn because we would have wanted a different coach. they did want a different coach. got one. and it has worked out great. what does the solich to callahan debacle have to do with it?

and what is the dumpster fire he is referencing? bo's tenure, or the fact that some fans see that the huskers could be more successful than they currently are?

• Fire 1

By devnet's logic, Callahan should still be the coach. You can't change coaches like you change clothes.

Speaking of which, it's been 6 years since I changed. I think I need to wash these jeans.

i am still confused. he seemed to say he did not want to be like auburn because we would have wanted a different coach. they did want a different coach. got one. and it has worked out great. what does the solich to callahan debacle have to do with it?

and what is the dumpster fire he is referencing? bo's tenure, or the fact that some fans see that the huskers could be more successful than they currently are?

In general, but I quoted this so it follows the whole Auburn thing. What happens when the fluke's up and they go 7-5, 6-6, and 7-5 the next 3 years, and fire Malzahn. Not that I think that happens, but it's a fun what if.

In general, but I quoted this so it follows the whole Auburn thing. What happens when the fluke's up and they go 7-5, 6-6, and 7-5 the next 3 years, and fire Malzahn. Not that I think that happens, but it's a fun what if.

i am not saying we need to follow auburn or that we could replicate their success. but they did what they needed to do to stay competitive and it worked out. i think gus it a pretty good coach, too. so they may have some down years, but at least they already know that his ceiling is a damn good season.

i am not saying we need to follow auburn or that we could replicate their success. but they did what they needed to do to stay competitive and it worked out. i think gus it a pretty good coach, too. so they may have some down years, but at least they already know that his ceiling is a damn good season.

It was a general comment. Not directly to you. Like I said, I quote you just to follow the whole Auburn topic.

Right now theyre just the hot deal. Malzan seems to be a genius, but let's not forget, their run this year is about as flukish as we've ever seen. They pulled of two of the most flukish, ridiculous miracle plays in college football history for two of their wins. And theyre just one play/piece from losing 4 others. Let's not act like what they did is the norm or new precedent-going from 3 wins, hiring a new coach, and then playing for a title, and using that logic to justify firing our own staff and starting over thinking that since we're just that much closer, it would mean immediate success. And, I'm not ready to crown Auburn the next juggernaut. They came off of 3 wins, and this season was quite flukish on many levels for them.

9 wins isnt the whole story. Bo's lead this team to 10 wins as many times as 9.

that is true, 9 wins is selling him short. but the whole story, then, is also consistently losing 4 games. often to teams we have no business losing to, but that is an opinion.

So, we only beat teams that are much lesser than us, and we lose to teams lesser than us. Are we actually much better than everyone? Because I dont think we are.

I know this is not what youre saying, but it's just a couple lines of thought I see floating around. You get it, right?

So, we only beat teams that are much lesser than us, and we lose to teams lesser than us. Are we actually much better than everyone? Because I dont think we are.

I know this is not what youre saying, but it's just a couple lines of thought I see floating around. You get it, right?

i am a little confused. specifically by the underlined part.

but i bring up the 4 loss because i think it is pertinent and meaningful. any given year we look at our schedule before the first kickoff and do you think there are 4 teams that should beat us? given our talent, facilities, resources, etc.? maybe two teams. it may seem entitled, but i think it is true. we are consistently losing to programs we should not. and recently we have been unable to compete with a certain class of teams we were once part of.

• Fire 1

I'd take Auburn's results, are you kidding me? Sure, they stumbled a few times, but what they also did was get rid of their coach and they have a promising one now. And what's the difference between a disappointing second-rate 8-5 finish and a 10-4 letdown? Really not a whole lot. A 10-win season without a CCG is nice in that it shows promise for the future, but six straight 4-loss seasons smacks of a program in stasis.

I wouldn't take their results because fans would have run the coach out of town

I think most fans measure the success of their program by how well the team performs and not by how infrequently coaches are hired. If not, they ought to. The latter is totally a judgment call. An athletic department could decide to never hold a guy accountable if they wanted and keep him forever, in extreme cases. It mostly could never get that far because fans wouldn't tolerate it.